1360Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] Krupa Theory Ashina>>Khazars>>Askenazi Linked by Q1b is Not Supported by Science

  • Rebekah Adele Canada
    Aug 22 7:37 PM

      ---
      Regards,
      Rebekah A. Canada
      Volunteer Administrator, Family Tree DNA
      H & HV mtDNA Hg Project
      Q Y-DNA Hg Project, I-P109 Y-DNA Hg Project, Scandinavian Y-DNA Project
      http://www.google.com/profiles/rebekahthorn
      http://friendfeed.com/rebekahthorn
      Hi Maria,

      Yes, the M378 mutation itself is much older than 800 years. The number of parallel mutations (L214, L215, L275, and L314) indicate its age and that there could be many diverse branches that we do not know about.

      It is important to remember that in many of the countries where distant branches are likely to be found (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, etc) genetic testing for personal ancestry is still a new idea.

      The 800 year date could be the result of the persecutions of the middle ages and/or a bias in emigration patterns as many more American Jews have tested than South African, Israeli, and Australian Jews.

      Best,
      Rebekah

      On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Maria Alonso <baltanas@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      Just brainstorming here;  What if members of Haplogroup Q were already part of the  genetically diverse  population that  formed the Hebrew identity back in 1500 BC?.  My knowledge in genetics is limited but could a bottleneck effect or founder effect be responsible for the  800 years span of mutation M378?  Perhaps M378 could be older if we take that in account?

      Maria Alonso
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic