1101Re: 23 & me Autosomal test NEED HELP!!

  • Dave
    Nov 8 9:19 PM
      BJ,

      I need more information to give you useful analysis. If your brother is Q1b and he got it from your great-grandfather Marlow in the Netherlands then I am talking about that line. (By the way, he should be a Huff based on the other Q1b's from the Netherlands.)

      That your great-grandfather's sister is the source of the mtDNA for your cousin Mary and at the same time that same sister was married to a Huff could be little more than cousins marrying cousins or siblings from one family marrying the siblings of another family.

      I do not think your Q1b's or the Huffs are of Jewish descent. Your common ancestor with the Jewish Q1b is probably 1,000 years or so back there.

      Based on 23andME results Rebekah Canada is one of your closest relatives in their database. She is also one of my closest relatives. However, this is on my mother's side. My mother is H1a and Rebekah is H1*. Your mtDNA is J1a* which links you to some of my other very close matches.

      23andME adds a whole new dimension to DNA and genealogy.

      Dave

      --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, "BJMVA" <bjmva@...> wrote:

      > Dave, are you saying my paternal grandparents? OR my maternal grandparents? Gee, it just gets more curious. I bet that blows Rebekah away! haha

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic