104Allele frequencies and population data for 17 Y-chromosome STR loci in a Serbian population sample from Vojvodina

    Mar 7 11:53 AM
      Hi,

      I am not sure if everyone is in the yahoo group yet.Thoughts on
      samples 3 and 4?

      Igor S. Veselinovic, Dragana M. Zgonjanin, Miljen P. Maletin, Oliver
      Stojkovic, Maja Djurendic-Brenesel, Radenko M. Vukovic and Milos M.
      Tasic, Allele frequencies and population data for 17 Y-chromosome STR
      loci in a Serbian population sample from Vojvodina province,
      Forensic Science International
      Volume 176, Issues 2-3, , 7 April 2008, Pages e23-e28.

      Abstract:
      Seventeen Y-chromosomal STR (short tandem repeat) loci were analyzed
      in a group of 185 healthy unrelated male individuals (n = 185) from
      the population of Serbian province of Vojvodina. After minimal
      haplotype STR loci analysis we observed 129 different haplotypes. The
      most frequent haplotype was found in 13 copies, and total haplotype
      diversity was 99.11%.
      After analysis of additional eight Y-STR loci (DYS437, DYS438, DYS439,
      DYS448, DYS456, DYS458, DYS635 and YGATAH4) there were 176 different
      haplotypes observed, out of which 168 appeared in single copies, and 7
      haplotypes appeared twice. The most frequent haplotype was found in
      three copies. The haplotype diversity (99.94%) and discrimination
      capacity (95.13%) were calculated.
      Comparisons were made with previously published haplotype data on
      neighbouring population samples and significant differences were
      demonstrated at DYS19, DYS389II and DYS393 loci. Pairwise comparison
      of populations revealed that our sample was significantly different
      only from Hungarian sample (RST = 23.98%, p = 0.0091).
      Haplotype; Vojvodina

      ISOGG Resource Coordinator
      Volunteer Administrator: H mtDNA Project; Q yDNA Project; Scandinavian
      yDNA Project
      Co-Administrator: I1a yDNA Project
      "dedique cor meum ut scirem prudentiam atque doctrinam erroresque et
      stultitiam et agnovi quod in his quoque esset labor et adflictio
      spiritus"
      Ecc 1:17