Summer Penny Whistle Lessons

  • ps519
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2013
      Beth Magill is offering penny whistle lessons this summer. She is gentle yet passionate teacher who is able to tap into the music inside every student. Both my boys have taken lessons with her for the past two years and I'm amazed at what she has brought out in them. Below you can find Beth's information about summer lessons. Also, feel free to email me if you would like any other recommendations or information from a student's perspective.

      Best,
      Sheila Petruccelli

      ***

      Summer Penny Whistle Lessons, with Beth Magill, is set to begin the first week in June, in Beth's home & via skype. Lessons are $25 - 30 minutes, $35 - 45 minutes & $40 - 60 minutes.

      The penny whistle, also known as the tin whistle, is a great starter instrument for kids.

      Beginning students will start with the most fundamental techniques: fingering, scale, tempo, octaves and begin with several simple tunes. Intermediate students will learn a variety of songs, jigs, reels, airs and more. The genres of music explored and learned consist mainly of folk, traditional, and Celtic.

      Thirty-minute lessons are currently available on Tuesday's & Wednesday's at 1:00, 1:30, 4:00 & 4:30 pm. For longer lessons, please feel free to call for availability.

      Beth taught Kindermusik for 11 years in her own studio, is a professional musician having played for over 25 years and plays mainly the Irish Flute, silver flute and the tin whistles. She plays mostly Celtic/light classical and contradance music with various musicians & bands, has been teaching flute and whistle for the last 15 years, is a recording session musician, offers workshops for parents in how to create more musical home environments for children, has written a children's book about (what else?) musical children, will be on staff this year at The Swannanoa Gathering, and leads the "Sing Together" series at The Diana Wortham Theatre in Asheville, NC.

      Beth believes that everyone is musical, and is delighted to be able to help bring those musical gifts, we all possess, out into the world.

      Beth Magill

      Musician, Music Educator & Community Sing Leader at Diana Wortham Theatre

      828 298 9350

      www.bethmagill.wordpress.com

      beth@...

      www.magills.net