Little Round Schoolhouse *Open House*

  • beccaklane
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2013
      Hello everyone,
      We have a few spots left at our next open house. If you are interested in Fall
      enrollment, this is a great time to come and visit, see our space, meet the
      teachers, and ask any questions you might have. Please RSVP as space is
      limited.

      Our next open house is Friday, March 22 from 10:00-11:30am.

      In addition, we have two spaces currently open (one full time and one part time)
      as two of our families have moved away. If you are interested in enrollment for
      this year, we are happy to have you visit before our March open house.

      Warmly,

      Becca Lane

      becca@...

      www.littleroundschoolhouse.com

      The Little Round Schoolhouse is a mixed age, home-based program for children 3-6
      years old. The school is situated on our land, conveniently located in East
      Asheville. We are devoted to providing a quality program that meets the
      physical, social-emotional, mental, and spiritual needs of young children. We
      recognize and value the magic of early childhood and want to create a space that
      honors and nurtures our young children.

      We draw a great amount of inspiration from the Waldorf model of early childhood
      education, which doesn’t include any formal academics but sets the foundation
      for academic learning later in life. We believe that play is the true work of
      childhood and that learning by doing provides a framework for problem solving
      and critical thinking, as well as a love for lifelong learning.

      We surround our children with simple, natural toys and experiences. We let the
      children do things directly for themselves, trusting in their natural
      development and growth.

      We enjoy a daily rhythm of activities including free indoor and outdoor play,
      circle time and story time, watercolor painting, baking, beeswax modeling,
      gardening, handwork and sewing, and seasonal crafts.

      We are a small school of dedicated teachers with many years experience working
      with children. We value lifelong learning in ourselves and strive for continual
      education outside of the classroom.
    • beccaklane
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013
        Hi friends,

        We have just scheduled our first open house at our new Bent Creek location for Wednesday, July 31 from 10:00-11:30am. This is a great time for interested families to visit, see our space, meet the teachers, and ask any questions you might have. Please RSVP to reserve a spot at the open house, as our space is limited. If you are unable to attend the open house but would like to visit our school, please contact us and we are happy to schedule an alternate time to visit.

        Warmly,

        Becca Lane

        becca@...

        www.littleroundschoolhouse.com

        The Little Round Schoolhouse is a mixed age, home-based, farm and forest program for children 3-6 years old. The school is situated on our land, located in beautiful Bent Creek (SW Asheville). We are devoted to providing a quality program that meets the physical, social-emotional, mental, and spiritual needs of young children. We recognize and value the magic of early childhood and want to create a space that honors and nurtures our young children.

        We draw a great amount of inspiration from the Waldorf model of early childhood education, which doesn't include any formal academics but sets the foundation for academic learning later in life. We believe that play is the true work of childhood and that learning by doing provides a framework for problem solving and critical thinking, as well as a love for lifelong learning.

        We surround our children with simple, natural toys and experiences. We let the children do things directly for themselves, trusting in their natural development and growth.

        We enjoy a daily rhythm of activities including free indoor and outdoor play, circle time and story time, watercolor painting, baking, nature hikes, beeswax modeling, gardening, handwork and sewing, and seasonal crafts.

        We are a small school of dedicated teachers with many years experience working with children. We value lifelong learning in ourselves and strive for continual education outside of the classroom.
      • elizabeth_m_gilbert
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 25, 2013
          Congratulations on your beautiful new location! Looking forward to seeing it!