Little Round Schoolhouse OPEN HOUSE

  • Becca Lane
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2012
      Hi friends,
      Our next Open House will be Friday, April 13th from 10:00-11:30.  We will begin with a circle time and story and end with free time for the children to explore and the adults to ask any questions.  This will be a great time to see our space, meet the teachers, and get to know our program a little better.

      Please RSVP as our small schoolhouse holds a limited number of families.

      If you would like more information about our program before the Open House, we suggest that you read our handbook which is available on our website.  Application information and and materials are also available online.

      As always, don't hesitate to call or email with any questions.

      Warmly,
      Becca & Scott

      828.777.6318
      www.littleroundschoolhouse.com

      The Little Round Schoolhouse is a mixed age Waldorf-inspired program for children 3.5-6 years old. The school is situated on our land, conveniently located in East Asheville. We are devoted to providing a quality program that meets the physical, social-emotional, mental, and spiritual needs of young children. We recognize and value the magic of early childhood and want to create a space that honors and nurtures our young children.

      We believe that play is the true work of childhood and that learning by doing provides a framework for problem solving and critical thinking, as well as a love for lifelong learning.

      We surround our children with simple, natural toys and experiences. We let the children do things directly for themselves, trusting in their natural development and growth.

    • Becca Lane

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 29 3:57 PM
          Greetings friends,
          We are happy to announce that our next Open House will be Friday, February 14th from 10:00-11:30am.  We will begin with a circle time and story and end with free time for the children to explore and the adults to ask any questions.  This will be a great time to see our space, meet the teachers, and get to know our program a little better.

          Please RSVP as our small schoolhouse holds a limited number of families.

          Feel free to call or email with any questions.

          Warmly,
          Becca Lane

          Little Round Schoolhouse
          828.484.1886
          becca@...

          www.littleroundschoolhouse.com
          www.facebook.com/littleroundschoolhouse

          The Little Round Schoolhouse is a mixed age, home-based,  forest program for children 3-6 years old.  The school is situated on our land, conveniently located in Bent Creek (SW Asheville).  We are devoted to providing a quality program that meets the physical, social-emotional, mental, and spiritual needs of young children.  We recognize and value the magic of early childhood and want to create a space that honors and nurtures our young children.

          We draw a great amount of inspiration from the Waldorf model of early childhood education, which doesn’t include any formal academics but sets the foundation for academic learning later in life.  We believe that play is the true work of childhood and that learning by doing provides a framework for problem solving and critical thinking, as well as a love for lifelong learning.

          We surround our children with simple, natural toys and experiences.  We let the children do things directly for themselves, trusting in their natural development and growth.

          We enjoy a daily rhythm of activities including free indoor and outdoor play, circle time and story time, watercolor painting, baking, nature hikes, beeswax modeling, gardening, handwork and sewing, and seasonal crafts.

           We are a small school of dedicated teachers with many years experience working with children.  We value lifelong learning in ourselves and strive for continual education outside of the classroom.
        • beccaklane
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 18, 2014
            Good morning friends,
            We had to reschedule our Open House due to the inclement weather last week. We have rescheduled for Monday, February 24th from 10:00-11:30am.  This is a great time to see our space, meet our teachers, and ask any questions you might have.

            Please RSVP to hold a spot for your family as our space is limited.

            Also check out our newly renovated website for more details on our program, including enrollment for 2014-2015 and summer camp offerings.

            Warmly,
            Becca Lane
            www.littleroundschoolhouse.com