housing for Puppetry Conference in April

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2 12:25 PM
      Hello!

      Azalea Mountain will host the Southeast Regional Puppetry and Storytelling Conference with Suzanne Down on April 27-29.

      I am already receiving lots of interest (and 2 registrants from Atlanta!). I am looking into promoting the event though various groups, however, our largest target group will be Waldorf educators and parents from all over the southeast.

      Suzanne is a widely known and respected puppetry, storytelling and early childhood educator. It is my hope that teachers and parents, from far and wide, will travel to our town and community for this event.

      Is there anyone who could "host" an out-of-town attendee? Do you have a guest room or guest space you could offer to an attending teacher? We can discuss compensation for your time, space and cleaning needs. It would be most helpful to have a list of available housing to reference as inquiries come in.

      If you are willing and able to host, please contact me by email at: amdambrosi@...

      If you would like to help with the coordination of this incredible event, please email and I will let you know about upcoming planning meetings.

      Thank you!
      ashley masters
    • cody b. hughey
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2 12:54 PM
        This is so amazing! I'm very excited about Suzanne Down coming to Asheville. Wish I was able to help host. Thanks for coordinating, Ashley. :)

        Blessings,
        Cody

        Sent via iPhone. :)

[...]

      • Kimberly
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4 8:05 AM
          Join us for a week of fun in the woods at Adelbert Farm!  Choose your camp and register online at www.adelbertfarm.com.

          Science-ology
          $130
          Ages 10 - 14
          Explore the world of science in a week.  In this camp we will become geologists, meteorologists, biologists, and hydrologists.  We will be making scientific observations, experimenting, hypothesizing, collecting data, and drawing conclusions.  Each day we will journey into a different scientific realm complete with field studies and hands-on experiments.  Students will create a lab notebook with graphs, written observations, and conclusions based on our daily explorations.

          Living Literature: My Side of the Mountain
          $130
          Ages 8 - 10
          This week will be based on the book My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George.  We will work together to create a shelter with natural materials, make a fire with flint and steel and materials found in the forest, and learn the art of outdoor cooking. We will learn to tie several basic knots and try identifying bird calls and animal tracks, but leave enough time for outdoor fun, climbing trees, playing in the creek, and exploring in the woods.  Parents will be invited to join us on Friday afternoon to see their child's creation.

          Old-Fashioned Fun
          $130
          Ages 5 - 8
          We will have lots of old-fashioned fun with natural explorations, fun and games, and crafts. The mornings will begin with a group circle with games, stories, and environmental education activities. We will have daily adventures such as picking and preserving blueberries, exploring the creek and the life in and around it, and going on nature hikes. We will also have daily crafts and free play and exploration.

          Fantastic Forts
          $130
          Ages 8 - 12
          This is a kid-led week of camp.  Students will work in teams to choose a location, design a fort, and then build it using natural materials.  There will be mini-lessons throughout the week to teach skills that would be helpful in fort building such as knot-tying, team-building, and basic tool use and safety.  They will set daily goals each morning and debrief their progress each afternoon.  Parents will be invited to join us on Friday afternoon to see their child's creation.

          Optional transportation is provided from Oakley Park.  Drop off is at 8:30 and pick up is at 2:30.

          Please send a lunch, snack, water bottle, and change of clothes with your child daily.