Boston Training Group

  • lpmartin1970
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
      I am trying to put together a group of Saturday morning runners training for Boston (or merely interested in quad-busting long runs). The idea is to scout out point-to-point routes with long downhills on the front end so as to mimic the Boston course and, with any luck, better prepare ourselves for the course. Having completely squandered my Boston debut last year when, by Wellesley, my heart was saying lets go, but my quads were saying no, I am committed to a more stratigc training approach this year. But I will need assistance since my wife has already poo-poohed the idea of waking up on Saturday morning and driving me out to various start points. Carpooling will be necessary. I think I have at least one other runner interested, and I think our first run will be 1/22 or 1/29. Let me know if you'd like to join us.

      LPM
    • me
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2011
        I am doing the Blue Ridge Marathon on April 16 and would be interested in some hilly, long runs depending on what pace you are looking to run. At what pace are you shooting to do your long runs at?

        TJT

        Hpmartin1970@...>
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2011
          I suspect the pace will vary from 7:45 / mile to 9:00 / mile depending on the attendees.

          LPM
        • me
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2011
            I would be around 9:00 ... and would like to if I didn't hinder anyone.

            TJT