shiitake

  • STEPHEN PEEK
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
      If you have logs go have a look. I found 46 buttons on 2 of my logs today. These are naturally fruited without any soaking. My strain is WR46 from Field and Forest.
      Steve
    • Kim Donaldson
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
      My sawdust blocks are doing well despite the heat. The strain is 75 from aloha medicinals.
      Kim

      If you have logs go have a look. I found 46 buttons on 2 of my logs today. These are naturally fruited without any soaking. My strain is WR46 from Field and Forest.
      Steve

    • tgsnod
      Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
        Do you know if this would work with white pine shavings made into blocks or with cedar? Just curious...Thanks.

        --- In AshevilleMushroomClub@yahoogroups.com, Kim Donaldson <vegan_tao@...> wrote:

        > My sawdust blocks are doing well despite the heat. The strain is 75 from aloha
        > medicinals.
        > Kim
        >

        > ________________________________

      • STEPHEN PEEK
        Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
          No, shiitake will not fruit on conifers.
          > Do you know if this would work with white pine shavings made into blocks
          > or with cedar? Just curious...Thanks.
          >
          > --- In AshevilleMushroomClub@yahoogroups.com, Kim Donaldson
          > <vegan_tao@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> My sawdust blocks are doing well despite the heat. The strain is 75 from
          >> aloha
          >> medicinals.
          >> Kim

          06:34:00
        • Kim Donaldson
          Message 5 of 6 , Sep 6, 2010
            There's a shiitake farm in oregon that uses douglas fir.

            Message 6 of 6 , Sep 6, 2010

              That's correct, perhaps a more correct statement would be "Shiitake will not grow on resinous species."