Version 6

  • Kadlin Waltheofsdottir
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2001
      Well, I think I have more or less come to the end of this round of
      updating the Beginner's Course. The file is still
      http://www.egroups.com/files/Asatru-U/Beginner/AUnovice%2Bv_6.htm

      I've made most of (I hope) the previously-sugggested changes, and
      added a few things. If you think they shouldn't be there, let me
      know. I've also set off the "homework" from the rest of the text by
      labeling it "Action."

      The reason I chose the label "action" is that I didn't want to call
      it
      "homework" or "task" or "activity"-- they all seem a bit too much
      like
      the kind of workbooks you get as a second grader. "Exercise" is
      almost as bad.

      A number of years ago I took a fencing class from a man who had
      recently moved here from Russia. When he would have us go through a
      set of exercises, to tell us to go on to the next one he would say
      "next action!" I don't know if this is a normal fencing thing, or if
      it was just because he didn't speak English well yet, but I really
      liked the way it sounded. I hope you guys do to. But let me know if
      you think it is too strange!

      Please take a look at the current version of the outline, especially
      if you suggested a change before-- if you see something that should
      be
      fixed, let me know!

      --Kadlin