Jenny's links

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2000
      Jenny's links:
      http://www.geocities.com/~ragnheid/opinions/politic.html
      I don't understand this sentence:

      For us today, all of us, whoever we are, the stand to show that we need to
      examine our actions in the light of history: everybody's history, not only
      that written by the victors.

      I liked this but wonder as to the suitability to the Beginner's Course.

      http://www.geocities.com/~ragnheid/opinions/respons.html

      This seemed to be aimed at other 'clergy', was long and very involved.
      However it was not at all convoluted, or at too high a level for
      understanding by a new person who takes the time to calmly read it and
      follow the reasoning.
      My take: A valuable piece.

      Rick
    • jenny blain
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
        Hi Rick,
        I haven't had a chance to go and look at the site, but it looks like a typo -
        'the' in first line quoted should probably be 'they'. I will take a
        look later. The 'responsibility' one actually was initially written
        for a clergy newsletter.

        Further announcement - I got the current issue of the _Journal of
        Contemporary Religion_ today, which has an article about seidr and
        gender by me and Robert Wallis. (Definitely not beginner material
        though - I'm just pleased about it and wanting to tell people! Nice
        to see it in print!)

        Jenny

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
          Jenny-
          You are most welcome. I would like to discuss your last two pamphlets
          sometime. Janna's list the most appropriate site? Offlist? I don't know who
          else has them.

          Rick
        • jenny blain
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
              On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, jenny blain wrote:

              ) Further announcement - I got the current issue of the _Journal of
              ) Contemporary Religion_ today, which has an article about seidr and
              ) gender by me and Robert Wallis. (Definitely not beginner material
              ) though - I'm just pleased about it and wanting to tell people! Nice
              ) to see it in print!)

              Congratulations! I'll have to look for it down at the newsstand.

              Manny Olds <oldsma@...> of Riverdale Park, Maryland, USA

              "Fear not, fellow knitters. We are going to show the world that once
              again, knitting is fabulous. Especially when sitting and chatting over
              coffee or lemonade." -- LAW (Leigh Witchel)
            • jenny blain
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
                >Jenny-
                >You are most welcome. I would like to discuss your last two pamphlets
                >sometime. Janna's list the most appropriate site? Offlist? I don't know who
                >else has them.

                I'd enjoy that a lot - I'm not getting Janna's list just now though,
                I'm 'offlist' due to the numbers of emails that flood through my
                mailbox... maybe I should get back on..
                Jenny
              • jenny blain
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
                  >On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, jenny blain wrote:
                  >
                  > ) Further announcement - I got the current issue of the _Journal of
                  > ) Contemporary Religion_ today, which has an article about seidr and
                  > ) gender by me and Robert Wallis. (Definitely not beginner material
                  > ) though - I'm just pleased about it and wanting to tell people! Nice
                  > ) to see it in print!)
                  >
                  >Congratulations! I'll have to look for it down at the newsstand.

                  'Fraid you're unlikely to find it outside a university library - well
                  maybe that depends on where you are though! It's published by Carfax
                  (Taylor and Francis) in Oxford, England. But it is a 'mainstream
                  academic' journal of Religious Studies, if there's such a thing!
                  It's a fairly theoretical paper (it's the long, revised and
                  re-worked, theoretical version of the earlier one that was in
                  Pomegranate and in Idunna) on seidr and shamanism, we had fun writing
                  it, and when it was critiqued as too weird (and too much of a
                  minority interest) we just put in more explanation making it plain
                  that we're viewing seidr as a perfectly legitimate example of
                  shamanistic practice within a context of religion and cosmology, both
                  today and in the past.

                  Jenny
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
                    On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 08:11:30PM +0000, jenny blain wrote:

                    > I'd enjoy that a lot - I'm not getting Janna's list just now though,
                    > I'm 'offlist' due to the numbers of emails that flood through my
                    > mailbox... maybe I should get back on..

                    Janna's is relatively quiet right now, probably owing to the
                    fact that most of the people who would be loud there are instead being
                    loud here or on A_N_A.

                    -- Lorrie
                  • Swain Wodening
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
                      Wassail All!

                      Any links we have to material on Haligwaerstow has shifted to:

                      http://members.tripod.com/haligwaerstow/

                      The file names are the same however.

                      Frith!
                      Swain