Re: [Asatru-U] Re: Beginner's Course Files!

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2000
      To Lissa (in light of Manny's post)

      I would blush if I didn't deserve my share of all this praise.

      That was great.

      ?: What is 'Hwaet' ?

      Your all's posts make the effort well worthwhile.

      Thanks,

      Rick

      Basking in blessings, the beginner's group sat
      Mindful of meadhorns well earned and
      First slices of feast's flesh proffered
      Kindly by the Keepers of the House's Keys;
      Labor at last done for the clan
      Leaving till tomorrow the thoughts
      Of next needful tasks to be done.
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2000
        > ?: What is 'Hwaet' ?

        All purpose Anglo-Saxon profound poem starter. Means something
        like, "shut up and listen, I'm gonna chant something that English
        professors will study for thousands of years." Often translated as
        "Lo!", "Hark!" or something simularly dreadful.

        Glad you liked it, Rick.

        qibhom@...