General goals

    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2012
      What in general do we want to aim at? Who do we want to serve and what
      do we want to do for them?

      --

      Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
    • Jayde
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2012

        I've been chewing on this all day, here are some thoughts:

        First we have to answer a question: Who is our target audience? Is this a forum for "teacher types" to discuss valuable materials to post on the website, is this in conjunction with the website, is this a discussion group for everyone to participate in and learn from/teach in?

        I think we can safely assume we have three kinds of people here (I'm sure there's overlap):
        1. Students
        2. Teacher types
        3. Facilitator types

        I consider myself an intermediate student. I'm happy to participate in discussion groups and lend what expertise I have to the group and website. I joined this group thinking of it as some sort of adjunct to the website, a study group if you will. That said, I am happy to help wherever I can.

        Jayde
        ****

        Teach what you would learn; be what you would teach.
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2012
          On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Jayde <jayde@...> wrote:
> [...]

          The group was started to do curriculum development, with content
          development only when unavoidable. We never got around to building the
          machinery for running courses, though. I think we should discuss how
          we want to balance those areas this time around.

          --

          Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Silver Spring, Maryland, USA