Re: New Member

  • Doug Freyburger
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 2, 2008
      "Stephen Glaser" liberator_9@... wrote:

      agree, also, it probably ought to be mounted in gold, instead of
      > silver, because Freya is associated with gold, and in legend
      > shedded
      tears of gold in her search for Her husband Odhr.

      Amber is golden in color and tear shaped. "Tears of gold" is not
      a bad kenning for bits of amber. It's so simple it could be used
      as a starting lesson in how to form kennings.

      This isn't to say that Freya dislikes gold, but to say that her
      shedding "tears of gold" can be completely symbolic, can be a
      kenning for the gold nuggets that can be found in streams, can
      be an origin myth for amber.

      While on modern UPG - Hot chocolate. Like Thor liking coffee
      plenty of moderns feel that Freya likes hot chocolate.
    • errollovering
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 8, 2008
        Get anything you like with cats. Freya loves her cats.
        There are many sites that sell jewelry. Check out the Viking Answer
        Lady. I'm not giving any urls just in case it breaches protocol.There
        are blots to Freya, donate to a local cat aid place in her name. I
        think she'd love that. It's a start until you get some sample blots.
        Good luck,
        in Frith,
        Ken