Re: [Asatru-U] Re: New Member

  • Stephen Glaser
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 12, 2008
      Yes, welcome to the group.

      liberator_9

      --- On Wed, 9/10/08, Lynx <caracal_lynx@...> wrote:

      > From: Lynx <caracal_lynx@...>
      > Subject: [Asatru-U] Re: New Member
      > To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 11:35 AM
      > Welcome to the group. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
      > With luck they will spark more activity here.
      >

      >  Here Mousy Mousy

    • freyja_jy
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 29, 2008
        I have recently become interested in Asatru and I was hoping this
        group could help me get started because I do not know where to begin.
        I was also hoping I could get some more information specifically on
        freyja. She is the reason I am here and I am hoping to find some ways
        of worshipping her without ignoring all the other gods and goddesses
        in the process. EX: Are there any necklaces or bracelets that I can
        buy that support her and are there any traditional prayers for her.
      • Scott Mohnkern
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
          Welcome to the group!

          I've always found that amber of any type is a good piece of jewelery to wear.

          Scott
          http://www.modernheathen.com

          --
          Scott Mohnkern
        • Tracie Holladay
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
            Greetings Freyja, welcome!

            As far as symbols of Freyja that you could wear, a few of them include cats,
            falcons and swine. Those are her sacred animals. Amber is good.

            I live in Florida, and have had to do a little stretching as far as
            symbolism goes; I've had minor UPGs that indicate she kinda likes seashells
            too.

            Have a great day!
            Tracie

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
              I agree, also, it probably ought to be mounted in gold, instead of silver, because Freya is associated with gold, and in legend shedded tears of gold in her search for Her husband Odhr. If gold is out of your price range, maybe gold-fill could be a reasonable alternative.

              liberator_9

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                Your UPG is interesting because another Love Goddess, Aphrodite, has been depicted on a seashell in art, because of Her birth in the sea.

                liberator_9

                As far as symbols of Freyja that you could wear, a few of them include cats,
                falcons and swine. Those are her sacred animals. Amber is good.

                I live in Florida, and have had to do a little stretching as far as
                symbolism goes; I've had minor UPGs that indicate she kinda likes seashells
                too.

                Have a great day!
                Tracie

                On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 5:28 AM, freyja_jy <freyja_jy@...> wrote:

                > I have recently become interested in Asatru and I was hoping this
                > group could help me get started because I do not know where to begin.
                > I was also hoping I could get some more information specifically on
                > freyja. She is the reason I am here and I am hoping to find some ways
                > of worshipping her without ignoring all the other gods and goddesses
                > in the process. EX: Are there any necklaces or bracelets that I can
                > buy that support her and are there any traditional prayers for her.

              • Doug Freyburger
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 2, 2008
                  "Stephen Glaser" liberator_9@... wrote:

                  agree, also, it probably ought to be mounted in gold, instead of
                  > silver, because Freya is associated with gold, and in legend
                  > shedded
                  tears of gold in her search for Her husband Odhr.

                  Amber is golden in color and tear shaped. "Tears of gold" is not
                  a bad kenning for bits of amber. It's so simple it could be used
                  as a starting lesson in how to form kennings.

                  This isn't to say that Freya dislikes gold, but to say that her
                  shedding "tears of gold" can be completely symbolic, can be a
                  kenning for the gold nuggets that can be found in streams, can
                  be an origin myth for amber.

                  While on modern UPG - Hot chocolate. Like Thor liking coffee
                  plenty of moderns feel that Freya likes hot chocolate.
                • errollovering
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 8, 2008
                    Get anything you like with cats. Freya loves her cats.
                    There are many sites that sell jewelry. Check out the Viking Answer
                    Lady. I'm not giving any urls just in case it breaches protocol.There
                    are blots to Freya, donate to a local cat aid place in her name. I
                    think she'd love that. It's a start until you get some sample blots.
                    Good luck,
                    in Frith,
                    Ken