Re: Nice Group!

  • mohnkern
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23, 2008
      --- In Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com, Ratatask Thora <ratatask@...> wrote:

      > Eplagar�r Kindred, Raven Kindred South and Gladsheim are somewhat
      close as well. Eplagar�r Kindred hosts monthly pubmoots in Falls
      Church which are normally attended by members of Mannaheim, Eplagar�r
      and Gladsheim Kindreds. I would suggest coming to one of these
      pubmoots to meet all of us in the area and to find out more about what
      is going on. Eplagar�r also has a training program that uses much of
      what Asatru-U has - it sort of adds on to all the wonderful things
      that Asatru-U already does, and is a bit more interactive.
      Eplagar�r's website is http://www.eplagarthrkindred.org, Gladsheim's
      website is http://www.gladsheim.org/ and RKS's is
      http://www.ravenkindred.com/. I'm not sure if the contact info for
      RKS is up to date. If it's not, I can get you their contact info if
      your interested. They're primarily in Gaithersburg I think, Mannaheim
      is primarily (partly?) in Alexandria, Gladsheim is in Columbia MD, and
      Eplagar�r is kind of split between Fairfax and out
      > past Winchester. Info on the pubmoot is here:
      http://asatru.meetup.com/236/. I believe there is a calendar of
      events on each of the Kindred's webpages.

      > I hope that helps. Feel free to email me off-list if you'd like
      any more info.

      > Manny Olds <oldsma@...> wrote:
      > On 1/9/07, Joe <jpcavana819@...> wrote:
      > > Wow, after learning about Asatru over the years through books and
      > > occassional websites, somebody finally put a course-structure site
      > > together. Thank You!!!
      > > Does anyone know of any Kindreds close to northern VA (Washington, DC
      > > metro area)?

      I don't run a Kindred per say, but rather more of a "working group"
      that gets together monthly and blots, and organizes teaching schedules
      (most of us teach classes on a variety of norse subjects) throughout
      the area.

      If you're interested, we're doing a Blot on August 30th in Germantown,
      Maryland.
    • Paxson Lowenhart
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2008
        Any Asatru groups near Pahrump, Nv.? If not, are there any Asatru or Northern Traditionalists nearby who would like to start a group?
        LEONARD BLUNK

        mohnkern <mohnkern@...> wrote:
        --- In Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com, Ratatask Thora <ratatask@...> wrote:

        > Eplagar�r Kindred, Raven Kindred South and Gladsheim are somewhat
        close as well. Eplagar�r Kindred hosts monthly pubmoots in Falls
        Church which are normally attended by members of Mannaheim, Eplagar�r
        and Gladsheim Kindreds. I would suggest coming to one of these
        pubmoots to meet all of us in the area and to find out more about what
        is going on. Eplagar�r also has a training program that uses much of
        what Asatru-U has - it sort of adds on to all the wonderful things
        that Asatru-U already does, and is a bit more interactive.
        Eplagar�r's website is http://www.eplagarthrkindred.org, Gladsheim's
        website is http://www.gladsheim.org/ and RKS's is
        http://www.ravenkindred.com/. I'm not sure if the contact info for
        RKS is up to date. If it's not, I can get you their contact info if
        your interested. They're primarily in Gaithersburg I think, Mannaheim
        is primarily (partly?) in Alexandria, Gladsheim is in Columbia MD, and
        Eplagar�r is kind of split between Fairfax and out
        > past Winchester. Info on the pubmoot is here:
        http://asatru.meetup.com/236/. I believe there is a calendar of
        events on each of the Kindred's webpages.

        > I hope that helps. Feel free to email me off-list if you'd like
        any more info.

        > Manny Olds <oldsma@...> wrote:
        > On 1/9/07, Joe <jpcavana819@...> wrote:
        > > Wow, after learning about Asatru over the years through books and
        > > occassional websites, somebody finally put a course-structure site
        > > together. Thank You!!!
        > > Does anyone know of any Kindreds close to northern VA (Washington, DC
        > > metro area)?

        I don't run a Kindred per say, but rather more of a "working group"
        that gets together monthly and blots, and organizes teaching schedules
        (most of us teach classes on a variety of norse subjects) throughout
        the area.

        If you're interested, we're doing a Blot on August 30th in Germantown,
        Maryland.

        By the blessings of our Lords and Ladies,
        Paxson