welga

  • Fenrir
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2007
      Hello there My name is Lee, Im from Birmingham England UK, both myself
      and my wife have been following a Seax Wica path, which was at our
      starting point and we have learned more and moved on, I myself favour
      Anglo Saxon Deities although im learning more about Norse and Germanic
      paganism, my wife is a Scot and her family come form Orkney and Norway
      in origin.
      If you could point us in any direction regarding where to start along,
      or any advice on reading material that would be helpful, we both still
      respect Seax Wica but really we have dleved more into the history of
      our kin and culture and thats now where our herats lay.
      Look forward to reading your posts and getting to know a few people.

      Wassail

      Lee
    • Audrey C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2007
        The Asatru Folk Assembly website is a good place to start. Here is a link to their suggested reading list, which is extremely thorough:

        http://www.runestone.org/flash/books/books.htm

        And The Troth has a wonderful book:

        Our Troth
        http://www.thetroth.org/Books

        Hope this will help you to get started!

      • Doug Freyburger
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2007
          "Fenrir" sorrow342000@... wrote:

          Are you sure you want to use that as a handle? Their are beings
          of unknown or questionable allegiance like Loki and then there are
          beings of known allegiance in fixed opposition to the Aesir like
          Fenris and Surt.

          > If you could point us in any direction regarding where to start along,
          > or any advice on reading material that would be helpful,

          Check out the beginners course on www.asatru-u.org. Look at
          a translation of The Poetic Eddas aka The Elder Edda aka
          the Saemundr Edda. There are plenty of English translations of
          the poems. Lee Hollander, Carolyn Laryington, several others
          have translations available.

          > we both still respect Seax Wica

          The Aesir aren't jealous god(desse)s.