Asatru coming of age rituals, divorce rituals, etc

  • Audrey C.
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
      I am doing some research on Asatru, and have been looking online for modern Asatru coming of age rituals, divorce rituals, and naming rituals - but I haven't been able to find any. Anyone care to elaborate on this subject?

      Hail the Gods!

      Audrey

    • Trisha Lewis-Rosenkranz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
        Yes there is rits for all of those. I forward your post to my hubbie who is Gothi and he said he would get the infor for u. He very busy person but I keep on him. If anything I send it to u .

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
          There aren't any single set of official ceremonies. You can find
          examples all over the web, posted by different groups. You can pick
          and choose among those or just come up with your own.

          Manny Olds

          On 7/3/07, Audrey C. <audreydc1983@...> wrote:
          > I am doing some research on Asatru, and have been looking online for modern Asatru coming of age rituals, divorce rituals, and naming rituals - but I haven't been able to find any. Anyone care to elaborate on this subject?
          >
          > Hail the Gods!
          >
          > Audrey

          Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
        • Marla
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
            You can find some Asatru rituals in the Temple of Wotan Book. I dont
            know that it has divorce rituals, but coming of age and naming ones
            it does as well as others...a good read!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
              Marla wrote:
              > You can find some Asatru rituals in the Temple of Wotan Book. I dont
              > know that it has divorce rituals, but coming of age and naming ones
              > it does as well as others...a good read!

              Well, now, while that's true, I should also put in a good word for the
              Troth's Book of Blots, which has coming of age rituals in, and may be
              ordered through our Publications Office, via our website,
              http://www.thetroth.org/