Nice Group!

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2007
      Wow, after learning about Asatru over the years through books and
      occassional websites, somebody finally put a course-structure site
      together. Thank You!!!
      Does anyone know of any Kindreds close to northern VA (Washington, DC
      metro area)?

      Joe
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2007

        Mannaheim is in Northern VA. (http://www.mannaheim.org/)

        --

        Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
      • Ratatask Thora
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2007
          Eplagarðr Kindred, Raven Kindred South and Gladsheim are somewhat close as well. Eplagarðr Kindred hosts monthly pubmoots in Falls Church which are normally attended by members of Mannaheim, Eplagarðr and Gladsheim Kindreds. I would suggest coming to one of these pubmoots to meet all of us in the area and to find out more about what is going on. Eplagarðr also has a training program that uses much of what Asatru-U has - it sort of adds on to all the wonderful things that Asatru-U already does, and is a bit more interactive. Eplagarðr's website is http://www.eplagarthrkindred.org, Gladsheim's website is http://www.gladsheim.org/ and RKS's is http://www.ravenkindred.com/. I'm not sure if the contact info for RKS is up to date. If it's not, I can get you their contact info if your interested. They're primarily in Gaithersburg I think, Mannaheim is primarily (partly?) in Alexandria, Gladsheim is in Columbia MD, and Eplagarðr is kind of split between Fairfax and out
          past Winchester. Info on the pubmoot is here: http://asatru.meetup.com/236/. I believe there is a calendar of events on each of the Kindred's webpages.

          I hope that helps. Feel free to email me off-list if you'd like any more info.

          Manny Olds <oldsma@...> wrote:
          On 1/9/07, Joe <jpcavana819@...> wrote:
          > Wow, after learning about Asatru over the years through books and
          > occassional websites, somebody finally put a course-structure site
          > together. Thank You!!!
          > Does anyone know of any Kindreds close to northern VA (Washington, DC
          > metro area)?

          Mannaheim is in Northern VA. (http://www.mannaheim.org/)

          --

          Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Silver Spring, Maryland, USA

          Su "Ratatask" Þóra
          Gythja of Eplagarðr Kindred (www.eplagarthrkindred.org)
          MD/VA/WV Steward, The Troth (www.thetroth.org)

        • mohnkern
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23, 2008
            --- In Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com, Ratatask Thora <ratatask@...> wrote:

            > Eplagar�r Kindred, Raven Kindred South and Gladsheim are somewhat
            close as well. Eplagar�r Kindred hosts monthly pubmoots in Falls
            Church which are normally attended by members of Mannaheim, Eplagar�r
            and Gladsheim Kindreds. I would suggest coming to one of these
            pubmoots to meet all of us in the area and to find out more about what
            is going on. Eplagar�r also has a training program that uses much of
            Eplagar�r's website is http://www.eplagarthrkindred.org, Gladsheim's
            website is http://www.gladsheim.org/ and RKS's is
            http://www.ravenkindred.com/. I'm not sure if the contact info for
            RKS is up to date. If it's not, I can get you their contact info if
            your interested. They're primarily in Gaithersburg I think, Mannaheim
            is primarily (partly?) in Alexandria, Gladsheim is in Columbia MD, and
            Eplagar�r is kind of split between Fairfax and out
            > past Winchester. Info on the pubmoot is here:
            http://asatru.meetup.com/236/. I believe there is a calendar of
            events on each of the Kindred's webpages.

            > I hope that helps. Feel free to email me off-list if you'd like
            any more info.

            > Manny Olds <oldsma@...> wrote:
            > On 1/9/07, Joe <jpcavana819@...> wrote:
            > > Wow, after learning about Asatru over the years through books and
            > > occassional websites, somebody finally put a course-structure site
            > > together. Thank You!!!
            > > Does anyone know of any Kindreds close to northern VA (Washington, DC
            > > metro area)?

            I don't run a Kindred per say, but rather more of a "working group"
            that gets together monthly and blots, and organizes teaching schedules
            (most of us teach classes on a variety of norse subjects) throughout
            the area.

            If you're interested, we're doing a Blot on August 30th in Germantown,
            Maryland.
          • Paxson Lowenhart
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 23, 2008
              Any Asatru groups near Pahrump, Nv.? If not, are there any Asatru or Northern Traditionalists nearby who would like to start a group?
              LEONARD BLUNK

              mohnkern <mohnkern@...> wrote:
              --- In Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com, Ratatask Thora <ratatask@...> wrote:

              > Eplagar�r Kindred, Raven Kindred South and Gladsheim are somewhat
              close as well. Eplagar�r Kindred hosts monthly pubmoots in Falls
              Church which are normally attended by members of Mannaheim, Eplagar�r
              and Gladsheim Kindreds. I would suggest coming to one of these
              pubmoots to meet all of us in the area and to find out more about what
              is going on. Eplagar�r also has a training program that uses much of
              what Asatru-U has - it sort of adds on to all the wonderful things
              that Asatru-U already does, and is a bit more interactive.
              Eplagar�r's website is http://www.eplagarthrkindred.org, Gladsheim's
              website is http://www.gladsheim.org/ and RKS's is
              http://www.ravenkindred.com/. I'm not sure if the contact info for
              RKS is up to date. If it's not, I can get you their contact info if
              your interested. They're primarily in Gaithersburg I think, Mannaheim
              is primarily (partly?) in Alexandria, Gladsheim is in Columbia MD, and
              Eplagar�r is kind of split between Fairfax and out
              > past Winchester. Info on the pubmoot is here:
              http://asatru.meetup.com/236/. I believe there is a calendar of
              events on each of the Kindred's webpages.

              > I hope that helps. Feel free to email me off-list if you'd like
              any more info.

              > Manny Olds <oldsma@...> wrote:
              > On 1/9/07, Joe <jpcavana819@...> wrote:
              > > Wow, after learning about Asatru over the years through books and
              > > occassional websites, somebody finally put a course-structure site
              > > together. Thank You!!!
              > > Does anyone know of any Kindreds close to northern VA (Washington, DC
              > > metro area)?

              I don't run a Kindred per say, but rather more of a "working group"
              that gets together monthly and blots, and organizes teaching schedules
              (most of us teach classes on a variety of norse subjects) throughout
              the area.

              If you're interested, we're doing a Blot on August 30th in Germantown,
              Maryland.

              By the blessings of our Lords and Ladies,
              Paxson