New Member

  • Stephen Glaser
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 7, 2006
      Hello,
      I am a new member. I have noticed Asatru-U for a
      few years, in my pursuit of various Paths. I found
      Reeves Hall again, after losing track of it. I hope to
      learn much here. I already see a familiar name, in the
      posts, hi, Larisa Pole. I'm checking out your
      kenaz.ca.
      I hope it turns out to be a good torch that lights the
      Way. *g*

      liberator_9

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 6, 2008
        Thank you for welcoming me into your group. I currently know very little of Asatru and am hoping to learn much more through this group.

      • Angel
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 7, 2008
          Alright Wanda now that I'm here, you get to educate me and help me
          navigate my way around the group, lol.
        • Spence
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 7, 2008
            Heil the New members! While the site is not as quite as active as it
            once was many folk there are lurkers. If you have any questions or
            concerns just post them and you will be amazed by the number of answers
            you receive. Wishing yowl', (it's a Southern thing or thang), the best
            and I'll help you out when I can or point you to someone else who knows
            more than I do, (the list is long and distinguished).

            In Frith,
            Spence The Elder

            "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
            M. Addams
          • Lynx
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 10, 2008
              Welcome to the group. Don't be afraid to ask questions. With luck they will spark more activity here.

               Here Mousy Mousy

            • Stephen Glaser
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 12, 2008
                Yes, welcome to the group.

                liberator_9

                > Welcome to the group. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
                > With luck they will spark more activity here.
                >

                >  Here Mousy Mousy

              • freyja_jy
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 29, 2008
                  I have recently become interested in Asatru and I was hoping this
                  group could help me get started because I do not know where to begin.
                  I was also hoping I could get some more information specifically on
                  freyja. She is the reason I am here and I am hoping to find some ways
                  of worshipping her without ignoring all the other gods and goddesses
                  in the process. EX: Are there any necklaces or bracelets that I can
                  buy that support her and are there any traditional prayers for her.
                • Scott Mohnkern
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                    Welcome to the group!

                    I've always found that amber of any type is a good piece of jewelery to wear.

                    Scott
                    http://www.modernheathen.com

                    --
                    Scott Mohnkern
                  • Tracie Holladay
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                      Greetings Freyja, welcome!

                      As far as symbols of Freyja that you could wear, a few of them include cats,
                      falcons and swine. Those are her sacred animals. Amber is good.

                      I live in Florida, and have had to do a little stretching as far as
                      symbolism goes; I've had minor UPGs that indicate she kinda likes seashells
                      too.

                      Have a great day!
                      Tracie

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                        I agree, also, it probably ought to be mounted in gold, instead of silver, because Freya is associated with gold, and in legend shedded tears of gold in her search for Her husband Odhr. If gold is out of your price range, maybe gold-fill could be a reasonable alternative.

                        liberator_9

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                          Your UPG is interesting because another Love Goddess, Aphrodite, has been depicted on a seashell in art, because of Her birth in the sea.

                          liberator_9

                          As far as symbols of Freyja that you could wear, a few of them include cats,
                          falcons and swine. Those are her sacred animals. Amber is good.

                          I live in Florida, and have had to do a little stretching as far as
                          symbolism goes; I've had minor UPGs that indicate she kinda likes seashells
                          too.

                          Have a great day!
                          Tracie

                          On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 5:28 AM, freyja_jy <freyja_jy@...> wrote:

                          > I have recently become interested in Asatru and I was hoping this
                          > group could help me get started because I do not know where to begin.
                          > I was also hoping I could get some more information specifically on
                          > freyja. She is the reason I am here and I am hoping to find some ways
                          > of worshipping her without ignoring all the other gods and goddesses
                          > in the process. EX: Are there any necklaces or bracelets that I can
                          > buy that support her and are there any traditional prayers for her.

                        • Doug Freyburger
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 2, 2008
                            "Stephen Glaser" liberator_9@... wrote:

                            agree, also, it probably ought to be mounted in gold, instead of
                            > silver, because Freya is associated with gold, and in legend
                            > shedded
                            tears of gold in her search for Her husband Odhr.

                            Amber is golden in color and tear shaped. "Tears of gold" is not
                            a bad kenning for bits of amber. It's so simple it could be used
                            as a starting lesson in how to form kennings.

                            This isn't to say that Freya dislikes gold, but to say that her
                            shedding "tears of gold" can be completely symbolic, can be a
                            kenning for the gold nuggets that can be found in streams, can
                            be an origin myth for amber.

                            While on modern UPG - Hot chocolate. Like Thor liking coffee
                            plenty of moderns feel that Freya likes hot chocolate.
                          • errollovering
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 8, 2008
                              Get anything you like with cats. Freya loves her cats.
                              There are many sites that sell jewelry. Check out the Viking Answer
                              Lady. I'm not giving any urls just in case it breaches protocol.There
                              are blots to Freya, donate to a local cat aid place in her name. I
                              think she'd love that. It's a start until you get some sample blots.
                              Good luck,
                              in Frith,
                              Ken