Re: Introduction

  • Mario
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 24, 2006
      Well, to answer the questions that were asked, as polite folk
      usually do, my ancestry on my father's side is 50% French, and 50%
      Irish.
      On my mother's side I am 50% German, 25% Welsh, and 25% Scottish.
      My girlfriend and I met years ago, but it was only 2 or 3 meetings
      between us. It wasn't until 4 months ago that we've been dating, and
      during those four months I've done alot of online research on the
      faith, as well as read a few books that she lent me. The titles
      elude me at the moment, but I'm sure I could find out if I asked her.
      No, I have met no other heathens (to my knowledge) aside from my
      girlfriend. They're hard to come by, especially in the Military.
      I am a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, and before I joined I
      was raised on military bases while my father served for over twenty
      years. Also, my grandfather was Military as well as my mother for a
      bit and my cousins and uncles.

      As for the other posts questioning these questions, I am not
      personally offended by them. I understand that ancestry has alot to
      do with alot of things, religion aside. I can understand the
      curiosity in wanting to know about a new person to the Online Group.
      I'm guilty of asking such questions ever now and again aswell.
      But hey, I'll be asking alot of questions every now and again, but
      hopefully I don't get on anyone's nerves.
      I'm just curious and love learning.

      Thank you,

      Mario

      --- In Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com, Lee Bailey <Lee.Bailey@...> wrote:

      > Hallo Mario!
      > Welcome to Heathenry! What is your ancestry? How long is "more
      or less
      > since we [you and your girlfriend] met?" What have you read and
      what did
      > you think about it? What part of Canada are you from? (yahoo.ca)
      Have

    • wolfraven@peoplepc.com
      Message 43 of 43 , Oct 27, 2006
        I rely on history, archeology and the Havamal to base my beliefs on. I
        have learned a lot about AsaTru and myself through the Havamal. If you
        wish to learn more about AsaTru and yourself then you might consider reading
        and meditating on the sayings of Hal. The sagas are also a good source to
        learn about the Norse and their beliefs.

        Just my two cents worth.

        WolfRaven