New member & status check

  • redkimba2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
      I am a newbie to Asatru and would like to take a 101 course. What's
      the status?
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
        > I am a newbie to Asatru and would like to take a 101 course. What's
        > the status?

        Just go do it.

        I once had a useful, relevant book fall on my head like
        Newton's apple. Perhaps it was pushed there by some ghostly
        scholar, one of my forebears whom I might consider myself
        privileged to join in the posthumous academy of spectral
        stack walkers.

        Thomas H. Benton, "Stacks' Appeal"
      • Ratatask Thora
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
          By the way, I'm not sure who does this, but I wanted to let everyone know that these links are dead:

          Alfs, Dwarves, Land-Wights, and Huldfolk
          by Kveldulfr Hagan Gundarsson, Alice Karlsdottir, and the folk of Hrafnar
          http://www.thetroth.org/resources/ourtroth/alf.html

          Worship: The Húsel or Sacred Feast
          by Swain Wodening
          http://www.ealdriht.org/haligwaerstow/blot.html

          Soul, Death and Rebirth
          by Stephan Grundy, Alice Karlsdóttir, and Swain Wodening
          http://www.thetroth.org/resources/ourtroth/soul.html

          The Tectonic Plates of Asatru
          by Karl Donaldsson
          http://www.geocities.com/svalich/faults.html
          mirrored at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/8798/faults.html

          The Return of the Völva: Recovering the Practice of Seið
          by Diana L. Paxson
          http://www.vinland.org/heathen/hrafnar/seidh.html

          Asatru Chronology (up to 1992)
          Taken from Teutonic Religion by Kevldulf Gundarsson, additions by Grimnir Svithrirsson http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/4178/asatru/chronology.html

          -----

          The Troth articles are not online anymore due to copyright issues.
          I believe the ealdriht link should not just be: www.ealdriht.org/blot.html
          Karl Donaldsson's Tectonic Plates article is now here: http://hfg.ravenbanner.com/faults.pdf
          Diana's Return of the Volva article is now here: http://www.seidh.org/articles/seidh.html
          And I have no idea where the Asatru Chronology article is now.

          I hope that's helpful.

          Su "Ratatask" Þóra
          Gythja of Eplagarðr Kindred (www.eplagarthrkindred.org)
          MD/VA/WV Steward, The Troth (www.thetroth.org)

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
            Ratatask Thora spake:

            > The Tectonic Plates of Asatru
            > by Karl Donaldsson
            > http://www.geocities.com/svalich/faults.html
            > mirrored at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/8798/faults.html

            I keep hoping someone will update the page to reflect the current location:

            http://hfg.ravenbanner.com/faults.pdf

            Frith upon your house
            Karl Donaldsson
            hfg@... http://hfg.ravenbanner.com
            Check out the Happy Fat Guy Pottery Studio!
            "Would you know more, or what?"
            Get Asatru education at http://www.asatru-u.org
          • Ratatask Thora
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
              I'm not sure whether this is the place to mention this, but I do have a few things that I would like to verify with this group and I don't know where else to do it. My Kindred is coming up with our own training program. It's a bit more in depth than Asatru-u, and slightly more interactive. We are going to post it on our website and we are crediting Asatru-U as helping us with structuring the program. We are also stating that Asatru-U is one of the resources that must be used for this program. Is there any objections to this? Is there anything else those in charge of this would like us to do to give Asatru-U due credit?

              Thank you.