Re: [Asatru-U] Courses under discussion

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
      The other day, I couldn't remember the title of a book about how the
      Scandinavian peoples exchanged ideas with the Sami, and other peoples
      they came into contact with. The book was Dubois.

      Egalatarianism is *not* based on mutual love and even less on passivity.
      It's an actively maintained condition that recognizes the universal
      human desire to control and dominate.

      Frans de Waal, _Our Inner Ape_
    • J Blain
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
        Nordic Religions in the Viking Age, Thomas Dubois.

        We met him at the recent (June) Iceland conference on Folklore and
        legends.. good bloke, with a lot of time for Heathenry. He indicated
        he would like to have some contacts with serious clued-up Heathens,
        exchange some ideas maybe ..

        Jenny

        --
        jenny@...
        http://www.sacredsites.org.uk
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 15, 2005
          Read bolds in red...

          I am very interested in these studies.

          I will notify my friend of your site..he too would like to learn more in debt of Asatru.

          yours, Caisa_Runes

          Site Manager of Realm of Witches on yahoo

          --- In Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com, Manny Olds <oldsma@p...> wrote:

          > Mooted courses, based on what people have posted (now and in the past few years)
          >

          > Basic level
          >
          > Updated/improved Beginner's Course
          > Heathen Goes to the Movies
          > Heathen Goes to the Bookstore
          > Overview of culturally-specific magic, divination, healing, etc. techniques
          > Overview of groupal/regional differences
          >

          > Intermediate Level
          >
          > Gods
          > Wights & Worlds (cosmology, eschatology, death),
          > Culture and Community in Modern Heathenism (hitting sociology, etc.)
          > Historical overview
          >

          > Advanced Level
          >
          > Drill-downs in specific regions/time periods (e.g. Migration Age)
          > Languages
          > Wyrd
          >
          > So, any opinions? If you had to (sword to your throat) name two texts
          > for each course, which would you point to?
          >
          > MAO

        • Malodie Anderson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
            THanks Mayo..i look forward to the course! Please send it on!