Introducing myself...

  • Lynne
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2005
      OK, I'll just go with the standard stuff, and if you know me off
      another list, sorry, just play cards or whatever while I ramble..I
      saw at least one familiar name on here (HI Merlin)..OK OK, I'll get
      to the point..

      I've studied Wicca since the mid 80's but somehow never felt it was
      quite right..Having been raised by a lapsed catholic (He claimed
      catholicism but never went) and a holy roller, I had no idea how big
      a difference there could be in different pagan paths. SO when I was
      introduced to Georgian trad wicca, I ran with it until my HP passed
      away from lung cancer. Of course, I still always identified more
      strongly with the norse gods than the greco-roman pantheon favored by
      my coven...When we were told to find a method of divination &
      everyone else chose one form of tarot or another, I went to runes.
      And even in my childhood, I loved the norse mythology more than the
      others (although I absorbed all forms of mythology like a
      sponge)...so again, when my HP passed away & the HPS moved to
      washington state then dropped off the face of the earth, it was much
      easier to investigate other paths...and since I always had identified
      with the norse, and didnt know about other norse besides Asatru at
      first...this was the next logical step...

      Ok, those of you who were keeping busy while I rambled can come back
      now..Sorry if I was too long winded..