Books for Beginners

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2005
      Hello all,

      Just a few years ago, there were few printed 'How To" resources for Heathens
      among the many 'about ancient Heathenry'. To address this problem the
      Beginner's Course was developed.

      The situation has changed. You may wish to check out the following:

      Jenny Blain-
      Wights and Ancestors ISBN 0953904407
      Understanding Wyrd

      Germanic Heathenry: A Practical Guide- James Hjuka Coulter; ISBN 1410765857

      Hammer of the Gods- Swain Wodening ISBN 159457006X

      Living Asatru- Greg (Dux) Shetler ISBN 1591099110

      All the above I can recommend. If you are completely new, I would suggest
      starting with Living Asatru.

      Also, The Troth is said to be releasing a revised version of 'Our Troth'
      this month. The original version can be found online.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2005
        On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 09:54:25AM -0500, Rick A. Riedlinger wrote:

        > Also, The Troth is said to be releasing a revised version of 'Our Troth'
        > this month. The original version can be found online.

        It'll be released as soon as I finish this last damn
        proofreading run and send it to the printer!

        -- Lorrie, "you want eths, or thorns with that?"