Re: open mind,and willing to learn/listen....

  • Lauralynn Itle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2005
      This is my first post to this group.
      I am English, German, and Irish descent, I don't know what that makes
      me.
      I also feel that I am in need of some teaching, that's why I have
      signed up for several e-groups. So far most of them seem to be just a
      group of people chatting. I also study every book I can get my hands
      on, I study the Eddas and Sagas. I have heared that if you want to know
      Asatru the Eddas would be the first place to go. And well, I have found
      some Ah Ha's where things just click, and some of it is like trying to
      decode the king james version of the Christion bible.
      I became interested in asatru because I was born and raised wiccan,
      then tried Christianity, came back to Wicca. When I was 12yrs old I
      kept having what I called 'symbols' come to me while I was sleeping. I
      wrote them down in my journal got upto 24 symbols, at the time I
      thought 'wow, cool I could use these to write in secret code' (remeber
      I was 12) I got frustraited that I only had 24, figured that was not
      enough (at 12, I know better now). Then in 1993 I was in a book store,
      6 yrs after I recieved the runes, I found a book, about runes, that had
      a set of runes with the book, I cried, because those were the symbols I
      had recieved 6 yrs before. From then till now I have continued to work
      with the runes, and just this year I stumbled on Asatru, am learning
      what I can get my hands on. If any one can suggest web sites, books,
      groups, etc, etc, and so on and so forth, I think many would realy be
      greatful.

      Lauralynn

      --- In Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com, "Just ask ME!!!!" <notruth88@y...>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2005
        Troy,

        I suggest you start with our Beginner's Course. Join a few Asatru or Heathen
        lists. Most of the books by HRE Davidson are well worth the time to read.

        I do find your phrasing curious. Most Christians are not American. I am
        American but not Christian. Suggest not worrying too much about what you are
        against. Our tiny Heathen community already has plenty of that.

        Good luck to you on your adventure- hopefully that is what it truly will be-
        and welcome.

        Hail the Aesir and Vanir!