new student

  • e masis
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
      hi my name is kim, i am new here and have alot to learn, so any good basic books would be good to know. open for suggestions. thanx
      kim

    • Philip Castle
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
        Welcome Kim,

        What's your interest in Asatru?

        Phil

        On 05/03/2005, at 9:12 AM, e masis wrote:

        > hi my name is kim, i am new here and have alot to learn, so any
        > good basic books would be good to know. open for suggestions.
        > thanx
        >
        > kim

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Philip Castle
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
          Well, that definitely good!

          There are so many places that you can start. What's your heritage? You
          may find that you have a good place to start in the tradition of your
          own specific heritage eg. Anglo-Saxon or Scandinavian.

          Phil

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
            On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 18:21, Philip Castle wrote:

            > There are so many places that you can start. What's your heritage? You
            > may find that you have a good place to start in the tradition of your
            > own specific heritage eg. Anglo-Saxon or Scandinavian.

            Asatru need have nothing to do with one's heritage or ancestors. And
            this conversation would be more appropriate elsewhere, on some of the
            lists mentioned on the Asatru-U webpage (which are left as an exercise
            for the reader.

            All authentic spiritual traditions teach the importance of making sure
            that we are not fooled, a matter that is not as easy as we might think.

            Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, _What's Right With Islam_
          • Saralynne Fox
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 20, 2005
              Hi Kim, I'm pretty new here to! I have a suggestion, The Poetic Eddas,
              and The Elder Eddas for your lore knowledge. (There are many
              translations)And books on Runes (I like Edred Thorrson) for your
              magical knowledge. It all really depends on the catagory of interest.
              Hope I could help alittle.

              Hail and Fairwell,
              Araja