Living Asatru

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
      Hello all,

      I have just finished a small booklet named _Living Asatru_ by Greg (Dux)
      Shetler.

      I was quite impressed and think that we should consider it as an intro text.

      Is anyone else familiar with the book?

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
        Rick A. Riedlinger spake:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I have just finished a small booklet named _Living Asatru_ by Greg (Dux)
        > Shetler.
        >
        > I was quite impressed and think that we should consider it as an intro
        > text.
        >
        > Is anyone else familiar with the book?

        No -- is there an online version, or do we need to buy a copy?

        Frith upon your house
        Karl Donaldsson
        <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        hfg@... http://hfg.ravenbanner.com
        Check out the Happy Fat Guy Pottery Studio!
        <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        "Would you know more, or what?"
        Get Asatru education at http://www.asatru-u.org
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
          Yo Big Man!

          http://www.booksurge.com/author.php3?accountID=IMPR02145

          Is he on this list? I don't get e-out much anymore so I'm not in touch.
          Maybe we can get permission to put up some bits for discussion.

          Rick
        • Swain Wodening Canote
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
            On 4 Feb 2004 at 14:58, Rick A. Riedlinger wrote:

            > Yo Big Man!
            >
            > http://www.booksurge.com/author.php3?accountID=IMPR02145
            >
            > Is he on this list? I don't get e-out much anymore so I'm not in
            > touch. Maybe we can get permission to put up some bits for
            discussion.

            > Rick

            I can forward this to Dux if you want. It is an excellent book and
            one I suggest as a primer for newbies. I daresay I cannot think of
            anything better for newbies! It is published by the same company as
            my book by the way, and thus far I am very impressed with their
            quality of printing.

            Welga!
            Swain

            ---
            -----
            Central States Asatru and Middelfolc Maethel May Day Moot
            April 30, May 1, May 2, 2004
            http://www.geocities.com/ravenheartkindred/maydaymoot
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
              >I can forward this to Dux if you want.

              Hi Swain,

              Yes, if you don't mind. Maybe he should write me offlist so we can be real
              clear on what is ok.

              It would be nice if Asatru-U could be publishing these books, among others.

              Where's all the new blood that has come into Asatru the last couple years?
              Time for some people to step up and fill these developing needs.

              Rick
            • Swain Wodening Canote
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
                On 4 Feb 2004 at 15:21, Rick A. Riedlinger wrote:

                > >I can forward this to Dux if you want.
                >
                > Hi Swain,
                >
                > Yes, if you don't mind. Maybe he should write me offlist so we can
                be
                > real clear on what is ok.
                >
                > It would be nice if Asatru-U could be publishing these books, among
                > others.
                >
                > Where's all the new blood that has come into Asatru the last couple
                > years? Time for some people to step up and fill these developing
                > needs.
                >
                > Rick

                I got it forwarded to him. I agree it would be nice if Asatru U could
                start publishing books. But alas that can mean a lot of money.

                I have no idea why few of the new blood is not producing anything.
                Maybe in time they will. I was Heathen for a few years before I ever
                evem tried hosting a gathering.

                Welga!
                Swain

                ---
                -----
                Central States Asatru and Middelfolc Maethel May Day Moot
                April 30, May 1, May 2, 2004
                http://www.geocities.com/ravenheartkindred/maydaymoot
              • paxsonrunester@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
                  How much are copies? There is a Pagan Bazaar coming up soon here in Victor
                  Valley, Ca. And I would very much like to have some to sell there.
                  PAX

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 5, 2004
                    Go to the link provided earlier.
                  • Syd Gardner
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 5, 2004
                      ~~Close to $13.00 for the book from BookSurge, LLC out of South Carolina. Syd~~

                      paxsonrunester@... wrote:How much are copies? There is a Pagan Bazaar coming up soon here in Victor

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 5, 2004
                        I suggest _NOT_ ordering the book thru Amazon. It is advertised by
                        Bookpeddler who did not pass on my order to Booksurge (they are related
                        businesses). I had to call Booksurge direct to fianlly get it.

                        Rick
                      • Edy Sherrick
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 5, 2004
                          I have that book. It's well written and informative. I like the fact that it doesn't talk down to those of us still learning. I'd recommend it. badgey--- On Wed 02/04, Rick A. Riedlinger < heathensailor@... > wrote:From: Rick A. Riedlinger [mailto: heathensailor@...]To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.comDate: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:06:56 -0600Subject: [Asatru-U] Living AsatruHello all,I have just finished a small booklet named _Living Asatru_ by Greg (Dux)Shetler.I was quite impressed and think that we should consider it as an intro text.Is anyone else familiar with the book?Rick

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Swain Wodening Canote
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 5, 2004
                            On 5 Feb 2004 at 9:50, Rick A. Riedlinger wrote:

                            > I suggest _NOT_ ordering the book thru Amazon. It is advertised by
                            > Bookpeddler who did not pass on my order to Booksurge (they are
                            > related businesses). I had to call Booksurge direct to fianlly get
                            it.

                            > Rick

                            I agree. You will get it faster, and probably cheaper as well.

                            Welga!
                            Swain
                            ---
                            ----
                            "Hammer of the Gods: Anglo-Saxon Paganism in Modern Times"
                            Now available at:
                            http://www.booksurge.com/author.php3?accountID=IMPR02418
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 5, 2004
                              From: "Rick A. Riedlinger" <heathensailor@...>

                              > Yo Big Man!
                              >
                              > http://www.booksurge.com/author.php3?accountID=IMPR02145
                              >
                              > Is he on this list? I don't get e-out much anymore so I'm not in touch.
                              > Maybe we can get permission to put up some bits for discussion.

                              Thanks!

                              Frith upon your house
                              Karl Donaldsson
                              <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
                              hfg@... http://hfg.ravenbanner.com
                              Check out the Happy Fat Guy Pottery Studio!
                              <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
                              "Would you know more, or what?"
                              Get Asatru education at http://www.asatru-u.org
                            • Ben
                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 4, 2004
                                --- In Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com, "Rick A. Riedlinger"
                                <heathensailor@m...> wrote:
                                > Hello all,
                                >
                                > I have just finished a small booklet named _Living Asatru_ by Greg
                                (Dux)
                                > Shetler.
                                >
                                > I was quite impressed and think that we should consider it as an
                                intro text.

                                > Is anyone else familiar with the book?
                                >
                                > Rick

                                Hello Rick,

                                I bought the book from Amazon for $1.99 a few months ago. I think I
                                got a great bargain. I was familiar with most of what was written
                                already, but the format was nice, easy to read, and best of all
                                informative. I certainly would recommend the book for those looking
                                into Asatru.

                                Ben