(Fwd) [trothclergy] Laymen study program

  • Swain Wodening
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2000
      Wassail!

      Below is the post to trothclergy. No one has responded yet, but it usually takes
      them a while.

      Frith!
      Swain

      ----------------

      Wassail All!

      Several of us have been discussing study materials and programs for those that
      do not wish to be clergy, but do want to learn more about the religion. The
      Godman program came up as a good program, but for those not wishing to be
      ordained it is not suited. Then course by KveldúlfR was mentioned.
      Unfortunatally most people have not heard about it. Too, folks were wanting
      something closer to the Godman program for laymen where they would have
      someone
      available to answer questions. Several of them wish to discuss this at
      Trothmoot.

      First would it be possible to set up a discussion for Trothmoot on this. Second
      would it be possible to set the course by KveldúlfR (with his permission of
      course) online, and finally could we get Godmen or Elders to administer it. I
      know we are rather short of hands for clergy training as it is, let alone
      throwing another log on the fire, but it also occurs to me this may not be too
      much work. I have 20 people in the Ealdriht's program and rarely get much
      more
      than a few questions a month. Too, since it is simply a layman program there
      would be no need for reports or testing, which are the two things that really
      create the work!

      Frith!
      Swain
      Angelseaxisce Ealdriht Webpage
      http://www.geocities.com/ealdriht/
      "One of the largest educational Asatru sites on the net."
      Orð mér af orði orðs leitaði,
      verk mér af verki verks leitaði.