Re: [Asatru-U] course planning (fwd)

  • qibhom@wideopenwest.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
      > What shall we tell this fellow? I think that the
      > Beginner's Course is not what he is looking for.

      No, it isn't. It would be difficult to do an adult ed type
      program based on websites.

      Perhaps it would be best to tell him what our goals are, and
      gently suggest that they are not likely to help him with his
      goals. And, somehow, not to mention that his title sucks.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
        What shall we tell this fellow? I think that the Beginner's Course is not
        what he is looking for.

        MAO

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
          On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 qibhom@... wrote:

          > > What shall we tell this fellow? I think that the
          > > Beginner's Course is not what he is looking for.
          >
          > No, it isn't. It would be difficult to do an adult ed type
          > program based on websites.

          Has anyone had a chance to read through the most recent Wodening book or
          Mike Smith's book? I confess I haven't gotten to them yet. Would one of
          them be suitable?

          It sounds to me like a course centered on HRED's "Lost Beliefs of Northern
          Europe" might do for him.

          MAO
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
            What does he want to do, teach Asatru or about Asatru or what? And just want
            does he want from us? To me it sounds as if the Beginner's course would be
            of use.

            The Ph D is a bit reassuring, the family trad is not.

            I don't go along with flying any false colors (colours) or hunting converts,
            but the project itself sounds worth pursuing.