RE: [Asatru-U] Sudden burst of old posts

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 24, 2003
      On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, MC wrote:

      > Talking about old messages... I have a suggestion regarding the
      > newsgroup. I remember reading that you had mentionned that this
      > newsgroup is for messages relating to the course only (or at least as
      > close to it as we can keep it :) ) Would it be possible to start a
      > newsgroup related to Asatru-U but for us babbling beginners who simply
      > want to exchange, talk and share with other beginners without having to
      > go to other groups?

      It would definitely have to be moderated. I am basing this on past
      experiences with mailing lists that have tried to aim at novices. There
      are too many people who will want to save you from some nit they are
      obsessed with or something like that.

      Give some thought to how *you* think it should be set up and we can kick
      it around here for a week or so, then do it.

      MAO
    • Katia
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 25, 2003
        Hail the group!

        I thought this was an excellent idea, and had some free time this
        morning so I set one up myself. I started a group called 'Asatru
        Beginners' and the URL is

        I'm the moderator of a few groups but have never owned one before so
        any suggestions anyone has PLEASE feel free to send me a message and
        help me out! My email is hippiegypsy@.... For the time being
        I've restricted membership to make sure the good people on the list
        don't get sent mailboxes full of spam. If you want to join send me a
        request and I'll approve you probably within a few hours (I'm around
        a computer all day at work and spend alot of time at home on it).

        Hopefully since this group was designed specifically for newer
        followers newbies won't feel intimidated from posting questions and
        such. However we will need some more knowledgeable members as well to
        answer our questions ;-)

        My hopes are that in conjuction with the excellent Asatru-U program
        we will be able to all learn together!

        Wassail!

        -Katia, AOR

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
          >I thought this was an excellent idea, and had some free time this
          morning so I set one up myself. I started a group called 'Asatru
          Beginners' and the URL is

          Excellent move and overdue at that.