Re: [Asatru-U] Digest Number 383

  • hippiegypsy@canada.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2003
      Wassail the group!
      I just wanted to add that I've been going through the
      beginner courses and I think it's awesome as well! The
      only complaint I have is that alot of the links are
      broken, but still I've learnt alot nonetheless. Thank
      you so much for setting this up for us newbies to
      Asatru.

      MC - I'm from Quebec as well, born and raised. My
      mother was born in Germany but my father's side of the
      family has lived in QC for over 300+ years as well.
      Though now I live in Arizona. But they did come from
      France so we're all European regardless! Nice to meet
      you!

      Thanks again~!

      -Katia

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:08:49 -0000
      > From: "MC" <mcperron@...>
      > Subject: Re: Introductions
      >
      > Hi Manny and all!
      >
      > I just started the course about a week ago (currently
      > reading the Do-
      > It-Yourself Ritual kit. Very short and brief. Perfect
      > to pack meat
      > around the bones afterwards). I stumbled upon it while
      > doing some
      > research on Asatru. It turns out it was exactly what I
      > was looking
      > for! Even though some of the links were down, I
      managed
      > to find
      > pretty much every article except one.
      >
      > What I like the most is that it is gradual and gives a
      > good overview
      > of the different categories and possibilities. The
      fact
      > that there
      > are different voices all throughout the course keeps
      me
      > interested
      > and gives great website references!
      >
      > Contrary to many here, I am not of German descent. I'm
      > in Canada,
      > Ontario, but originally from Quebec where my ancestors
      > have been for
      > about 400 years after coming from France. I also
      > started out on the
      > Pagan/Wiccan path though I found Asatru through my
      > husband. I found
      > that I needed a solid religion. Even though it is
      being
      > reconstructed, the basis are good and the background
      is
      > real.
      >
      > What could be added to the list would be Fantasy books
      > relating to
      > either Asatru or Vikings. It makes this old world seem
      > alive (when
      > the book is good, obviously). One I would recommend is
      > Warriors of
      > the Way by Harry Harrison. I enjoyed it immensely and
      > as I go
      > through the course, I remember things from the book
      and
      > I can now
      > nod knowingly *grin*.
      >
      > A section on the old Norse language might also be
      > interesting. There
      > is a course on-line that I'm currently following and
      > which is pretty
      > user-friendly. A link to it would be graet if
      possible.

      > Thirdly, a section on the story of the resurgence of
      > Asatru.
      >
      > Well, that's pretty much it! If I think of more things
      > after I
      > finish reading, I'll post. Thank you very much for all
      > the time and
      > effort that is being put into this work. It is very
      > appreciated and
      > helps to keep the stories alive and kicking.
      >
      > MC
      >
      > > We are particularly interested in your comments on
      > what about our
      > > beginner's course has or has not met your needs. And
      > what you
      > would like
      > > to see come after that.
      > >

      > > Manny Olds (oldsma@p...) of Riverdale Park,
      Maryland,

    • mooncrier@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 22, 2003
        > But they did come from
        > France so we're all European regardless! Nice to meet
        > you!
        > Thanks again~!
        > -Katia

        Nice to meet you too, Katia!
        Laura

        Please Visit EarthWytch Dreamcatchers
        Not your ordinary dreamcatchers!
        <A HREF="http://lgl48.tripod.com/">EarthWytch Dreamcatchers</A>

      • MC
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 24, 2003
          Hi Katia!

          It is nice to meet you too! I bet you miss the snow ;)

          MC

> [...]

          > nod knowingly *grin*.
          >
          > A section on the old Norse language might also be
          > interesting. There
          > is a course on-line that I'm currently following and
          > which is pretty
          > user-friendly. A link to it would be graet if
          possible.

          > Thirdly, a section on the story of the resurgence of
          > Asatru.
          >
          > Well, that's pretty much it! If I think of more things
          > after I
          > finish reading, I'll post. Thank you very much for all
          > the time and
          > effort that is being put into this work. It is very
          > appreciated and
          > helps to keep the stories alive and kicking.
          >
          > MC
          >
          > > We are particularly interested in your comments on
          > what about our
          > > beginner's course has or has not met your needs. And

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.4074964.5287182.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          077013:HM/A=1732161/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?c
          ode=30509&media=atkins> click here