Re: [Asatru-U] To the new people

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2003
      Speaking of which, as I stated before, I'll be adding to the Intermediate
      course material over Yule, and perhaps before. I'll post it here, first,
      for discussion amongst the trained professionals.

      '/\` Frith upon your house
      //\\ Karl Donaldsson
      \\// mekboy@...
      `\/' http://www.geocities.com/svalich
      ------> Would you know more, or what? <------
      Get Asatru education at http://www.asatru-u.org

      >From: "Rick A. Riedlinger" <heathensailor@...>
      >To: <Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] To the new people
      >Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:41:02 -0500
      >
      >Hello all,
      >
      >If you have noticed a lack of feedback or response from our fearsome and
      >fearless leader- She Who Must Be Obeyed- it is because she, like many
      >others, is still without power due to the hurricane.
      >
      >:).
      >
      >The beginner's course is pretty much set. Only the links will likely be
      >updated.
      >
      >We did not deal any further with runes, etc, because after much discussion
      >it was felt that the subject would be better dealt with in greater detail
      >in
      >the intermediate course. There are many good groups and several not very
      >good whose emphasis is on the runes. I would personally recommend the Stav
      >group and system for further learning. However, except in some groups
      >considered quite esoteric, you are unlikely to find magic rune use akin to
      >what one may have known in wicca.
      >
      >Also please note, this group's purpose is to build courses for people to
      >learn with. We are not a regular discussion group nor do we teach per se.
      >
      >Best regards,
      >
      >Rick A. Riedlinger
      >beginner's course coordinator

      Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.