Re: [Asatru-U] New to group...

  • >^..^< meow!!
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 22, 2003
      which words would you be referring to?

      Gautawald The Heathen <Dragore_Akarai@...> wrote:And for those of us who are not american and actually use a little language
      i like to call english, what was all that code talk and triple letters about
      ???

      Anyone got a translation ?

      Gautawald, mildly miffed and loki-like !!

      >From: ">^..^< meow!!" <lunakitty0823@...>
      >To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] New to group...
      >Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 03:46:32 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >HI Cerri.. my name is Amie Luna... my magickal Asatru name I don't
      >reveal... WHASSSUUUPPP??????? We all have germanic roots and seem to have
      >ended up here huh? Isn't it amazing? I'd be very interested in reading
      >your story, too...
      >
      >Oh by the way, I just joined this group... HI!!! I'm from MA near the CT
      >border. Asatru as a whole is fairly new to me... My family is pagan and
      >chock full of witches so I grew up that way. My kids are growing up that
      >way also.... but I am exploring Asatru.
      >
      >Talk to you soon....
      >Wassail....
      >
      >Amie Luna
      >

      >mooncrier@... wrote:
      >
      > > I read some of your past posts, and was interested to see that I was
      > > not the only one who started out on my path as Wiccan, but after
      > > still feeling something was missing, found the Northern Tradition!
      > > I decided to look into it in order to forge a better connection with
      > > my ancestry (I'm of mostly German descent), & so far the little bit
      > > I've learned really fits well with my personal beliefs.
      >
      > Greetings (and Merry Meet ;) Cerri,
      >I'm one of those who started in the wiccan way, before deciding to return
      >my Germanic roots, so to speak. I still practice ritual the Wiccan way on
      >Samhain, tho. Somehow, that just seems the right thing to do. I realize
      >that
      >doesn't sit well with the Asatru community, but that's the way it is.
      >What is the story you wanted to relay? I'd be interested in reading it.
      >Wassail!
      >Walk in Light,
      >Laura
      >
      >* EarthWytch Dreamcatchers *
      >not your ordinary dreamcatchers!
      ><A HREF="Http://lgl48.tripod.com">EarthWytch Dreamcatchers</A>

      >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • wench
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 24, 2003
        And for those of us who are not american and actually use a little
        language
        > i like to call english, what was all that code talk and triple
        letters about
        > ???
        >
        > Anyone got a translation ?
        >

        > Gautawald, mildly miffed and loki-like !!

        I *think* he was referring to the following line:
        "HI!!! I'm from MA near the CT"

        In which case the abbreviations (which are a part of the English
        Language, if not in general use in the UK) are MA = Massachusetts and
        CT = Conneticut.
        wench
      • Gautawald The Heathen
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 24, 2003
          I can't say i remember...i deleted the email now. I simply ask that messages
          be kept to understandable slang and as few shortenings as possible. If only
          for the sake of my very delicate and bruised sanity...

          http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
        • mooncrier@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 25, 2003
            In a message dated 9/25/03 6:53:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            Dragore_Akarai@... writes:

            > I can't say i remember...i deleted the email now. I simply ask that
            > messages
            > be kept to understandable slang and as few shortenings as possible. If only
            > for the sake of my very delicate and bruised sanity...

            I, myself, shall remember that we're not all Americans.