Re: [Asatru-U] To the new people

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2003
      Hello all,

      If you have noticed a lack of feedback or response from our fearsome and
      fearless leader- She Who Must Be Obeyed- it is because she, like many
      others, is still without power due to the hurricane.

      :).

      The beginner's course is pretty much set. Only the links will likely be
      updated.

      We did not deal any further with runes, etc, because after much discussion
      it was felt that the subject would be better dealt with in greater detail in
      the intermediate course. There are many good groups and several not very
      good whose emphasis is on the runes. I would personally recommend the Stav
      group and system for further learning. However, except in some groups
      considered quite esoteric, you are unlikely to find magic rune use akin to
      what one may have known in wicca.

      Also please note, this group's purpose is to build courses for people to
      learn with. We are not a regular discussion group nor do we teach per se.

      Best regards,

      Rick A. Riedlinger
      beginner's course coordinator
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2003
        Speaking of which, as I stated before, I'll be adding to the Intermediate
        course material over Yule, and perhaps before. I'll post it here, first,
        for discussion amongst the trained professionals.

        '/\` Frith upon your house
        //\\ Karl Donaldsson
        \\// mekboy@...
        `\/' http://www.geocities.com/svalich
        ------> Would you know more, or what? <------
        Get Asatru education at http://www.asatru-u.org

        >From: "Rick A. Riedlinger" <heathensailor@...>
        >To: <Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] To the new people
        >Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:41:02 -0500
        >
        >Hello all,
        >
        >If you have noticed a lack of feedback or response from our fearsome and
        >fearless leader- She Who Must Be Obeyed- it is because she, like many
        >others, is still without power due to the hurricane.
        >
        >:).
        >
        >The beginner's course is pretty much set. Only the links will likely be
        >updated.
        >
        >We did not deal any further with runes, etc, because after much discussion
        >it was felt that the subject would be better dealt with in greater detail
        >in
        >the intermediate course. There are many good groups and several not very
        >good whose emphasis is on the runes. I would personally recommend the Stav
        >group and system for further learning. However, except in some groups
        >considered quite esoteric, you are unlikely to find magic rune use akin to
        >what one may have known in wicca.
        >
        >Also please note, this group's purpose is to build courses for people to
        >learn with. We are not a regular discussion group nor do we teach per se.
        >
        >Best regards,
        >
        >Rick A. Riedlinger
        >beginner's course coordinator

        Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.