Re: [Asatru-U] New to group...

  • >^..^< meow!!
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
      HI Cerri.. my name is Amie Luna... my magickal Asatru name I don't reveal... WHASSSUUUPPP??????? We all have germanic roots and seem to have ended up here huh? Isn't it amazing? I'd be very interested in reading your story, too...

      Oh by the way, I just joined this group... HI!!! I'm from MA near the CT border. Asatru as a whole is fairly new to me... My family is pagan and chock full of witches so I grew up that way. My kids are growing up that way also.... but I am exploring Asatru.

      Talk to you soon....
      Wassail....

      Amie Luna

      mooncrier@... wrote:

      > I read some of your past posts, and was interested to see that I was
      > not the only one who started out on my path as Wiccan, but after
      > still feeling something was missing, found the Northern Tradition!
      > I decided to look into it in order to forge a better connection with
      > my ancestry (I'm of mostly German descent), & so far the little bit
      > I've learned really fits well with my personal beliefs.

      Greetings (and Merry Meet ;) Cerri,
      I'm one of those who started in the wiccan way, before deciding to return to
      my Germanic roots, so to speak. I still practice ritual the Wiccan way on
      Samhain, tho. Somehow, that just seems the right thing to do. I realize that
      doesn't sit well with the Asatru community, but that's the way it is.
      What is the story you wanted to relay? I'd be interested in reading it.
      Wassail!
      Walk in Light,
      Laura

      * EarthWytch Dreamcatchers *
      not your ordinary dreamcatchers!
      <A HREF="Http://lgl48.tripod.com">EarthWytch Dreamcatchers</A>

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Cerridwen MoonSong
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 17, 2003
        Thank you so much for responding, Laura & Amie Luna! It has been so long
        since I posted this that I'd forgotten all about it. lol. Bless~Cerri

        From: ">^..^< meow!!" <lunakitty0823@...>
        To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] New to group...
        Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 03:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

      • Gautawald The Heathen
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 18, 2003
          And for those of us who are not american and actually use a little language
          i like to call english, what was all that code talk and triple letters about
          ???

          Anyone got a translation ?

          Gautawald, mildly miffed and loki-like !!

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 22, 2003
            which words would you be referring to?

            Gautawald The Heathen <Dragore_Akarai@...> wrote:And for those of us who are not american and actually use a little language
            i like to call english, what was all that code talk and triple letters about
            ???

            Anyone got a translation ?

            Gautawald, mildly miffed and loki-like !!

            >From: ">^..^< meow!!" <lunakitty0823@...>
            >To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] New to group...
            >Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 03:46:32 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >HI Cerri.. my name is Amie Luna... my magickal Asatru name I don't
            >reveal... WHASSSUUUPPP??????? We all have germanic roots and seem to have
            >ended up here huh? Isn't it amazing? I'd be very interested in reading
            >your story, too...
            >
            >Oh by the way, I just joined this group... HI!!! I'm from MA near the CT
            >border. Asatru as a whole is fairly new to me... My family is pagan and
            >chock full of witches so I grew up that way. My kids are growing up that
            >way also.... but I am exploring Asatru.
            >
            >Talk to you soon....
            >Wassail....
            >
            >Amie Luna
            >

            >mooncrier@... wrote:
            >
            > > I read some of your past posts, and was interested to see that I was
            > > not the only one who started out on my path as Wiccan, but after
            > > still feeling something was missing, found the Northern Tradition!
            > > I decided to look into it in order to forge a better connection with
            > > my ancestry (I'm of mostly German descent), & so far the little bit
            > > I've learned really fits well with my personal beliefs.
            >
            > Greetings (and Merry Meet ;) Cerri,
            >I'm one of those who started in the wiccan way, before deciding to return
            >my Germanic roots, so to speak. I still practice ritual the Wiccan way on
            >Samhain, tho. Somehow, that just seems the right thing to do. I realize
            >that
            >doesn't sit well with the Asatru community, but that's the way it is.
            >What is the story you wanted to relay? I'd be interested in reading it.
            >Wassail!
            >Walk in Light,
            >Laura
            >
            >* EarthWytch Dreamcatchers *
            >not your ordinary dreamcatchers!
            ><A HREF="Http://lgl48.tripod.com">EarthWytch Dreamcatchers</A>

            >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • wench
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 24, 2003
              And for those of us who are not american and actually use a little
              language
              > i like to call english, what was all that code talk and triple
              letters about
              > ???
              >
              > Anyone got a translation ?
              >

              > Gautawald, mildly miffed and loki-like !!

              I *think* he was referring to the following line:
              "HI!!! I'm from MA near the CT"

              In which case the abbreviations (which are a part of the English
              Language, if not in general use in the UK) are MA = Massachusetts and
              CT = Conneticut.
              wench
            • Gautawald The Heathen
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 24, 2003
                I can't say i remember...i deleted the email now. I simply ask that messages
                be kept to understandable slang and as few shortenings as possible. If only
                for the sake of my very delicate and bruised sanity...

                http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
              • mooncrier@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 25, 2003
                  In a message dated 9/25/03 6:53:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  Dragore_Akarai@... writes:

                  > I can't say i remember...i deleted the email now. I simply ask that
                  > messages
                  > be kept to understandable slang and as few shortenings as possible. If only
                  > for the sake of my very delicate and bruised sanity...

                  I, myself, shall remember that we're not all Americans.