newbie

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2003
      Hi, I just joined the list. A bit about me- my name is Susan, and I
      live in the Washington, NC area. I can't say that I'm Asatru per se,
      beacause I don't know any non-internet Asatruar (or other pagans) so
      I'm having to find my path on my own. I've known I was pagan for
      many years, but had never been able to find the way that was right
      for me. I've always been strongly drawn to the Norse gods and sagas,
      and for a while now I feel as if I am being drawn towards Odin.

      I guess I just want to be able to know how others go about their
      Norse path(s) and how they were drawn to it, and if they have felt
      the work of a god upon them. To be honest, it scares me a bit; I
      think Odin is perhaps not the safest god to forge a bond with - a lot
      of those old sagas include a few betrayals - but I had to be dense
      about ignoring the call.

      Any words of advice, warning, or encouragement are greatly
      welcomed.<g>

      Susan in NC
    • mooncrier@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2003
        > Hi, I just joined the list. A bit about me- my name is Susan, and I
        > live in the Washington, NC area. I can't say that I'm Asatru per se,
        > beacause I don't know any non-internet Asatruar (or other pagans) so
        > I'm having to find my path on my own.

        Willkommen susan!
        We're in the same boat, so to speak. I know of no non-internet Asatru
        followers either. I've always been drawn to the Norse folk, perhaps because of my
        Germanic blood. But I drifted away and took up the path of Eclectic Wicca. I
        believe I, too, have always been a Pagan and Wicca fit me like a glove. But the
        call to return to the Norse kept at me until I began to research the religions
        and found Asatru. I'm not sure which God/Goddess I aspire to, but I'm strongly
        drawn to the Valkyries, altho which specific Sister is unknown at this time.
        Wassail!
        Laura

        * EarthWytch Dreamcatchers *
        not your ordinary dreamcatchers!
        <A HREF="Http://lgl48.tripod.com">EarthWytch Dreamcatchers</A>

      • twalraaf
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2005
          Heil,all
          My name is Twalraaf and Im from the Netherlands.
          Im a Wodanist for about 12 years now and always happy to see that
          asatru is growing day by day.
          My ideas about Wodanism is not the same as most Wodanists or
          Asatruer,but that is the freedom of being a heathen.
          In Frith!
          Twalraaf