  • Susan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2003
      Hi, I just joined the list. A bit about me- my name is Susan, and I
      live in the Washington, NC area. I can't say that I'm Asatru per se,
      beacause I don't know any non-internet Asatruar (or other pagans) so
      I'm having to find my path on my own. I've known I was pagan for
      many years, but had never been able to find the way that was right
      for me. I've always been strongly drawn to the Norse gods and sagas,
      and for a while now I feel as if I am being drawn towards Odin.

      I guess I just want to be able to know how others go about their
      Norse path(s) and how they were drawn to it, and if they have felt
      the work of a god upon them. To be honest, it scares me a bit; I
      think Odin is perhaps not the safest god to forge a bond with - a lot
      of those old sagas include a few betrayals - but I hate to be
      intentionally dense about ignoring a call, also.

      Any words of advice, warning, or encouragement are greatly
      welcomed.<g>

      Susan in NC