hello

  • jera_runesinger
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
      hi everyone
      I just wanted to post to introduce myself and see if there are any
      other people on this group who live in wales (a long shot i know! *s*)
      Im a 25 year old cellist lving in wales (freelance player and
      teacher) and i run a local pub moot, its been going for about 3 years
      now which i great.
      ive been follwing a pagan path for about 7 years now but Ive felt a
      calling towards the norse God for quite some time. I dont really know
      of many others in my area who do though (we seem to have a huge
      amount of people following the greek gods but not the norse *s*)
      So anyway, i just thought id put up a post to say hi.

      Blessings
      Jera
    • mooncrier@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2003
        Greetings and welcome, Jera.
        I find it interesting that Greek gods are a favorite in Wales. I would've
        thought that Celtic deities would be more commonplace.
        Anyway, heil from New Jersey, USA!
        Laura

        > I dont really know
        > of many others in my area who do though (we seem to have a huge
        > amount of people following the greek gods but not the norse *s*)
        > So anyway, i just thought id put up a post to say hi.
        >
        > Blessings
        > Jera

        * EarthWytch Dreamcatchers *
        not your ordinary dreamcatchers!
        <A HREF="Http://lgl48.tripod.com">EarthWytch Dreamcatchers</A>

      • Jim Johnston

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 11, 2003
            Hi Jane from Doncaster here. thought I'd say hi as well. I'm 36, married with 3 kittens (no children). Been a pagan for many a year. Finally found a label that fit my spirituality aged 18. Have been part of a Hearth for two and half years.
            This list is usually rather quiet, it is nice to hear some people on the list.
            is anyone else doing the course?
            jane

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 18, 2003
              > Hi Jane from Doncaster here

              Greetings Jane from Doncaster! Laura from New Jersey/USA here!
              Willkommen!

              * EarthWytch Dreamcatchers *
              not your ordinary dreamcatchers!
              <A HREF="Http://lgl48.tripod.com">EarthWytch Dreamcatchers</A>

            • Gautawald The Heathen
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 18, 2003
                I am currently undertaking that challenge. It is a very good course, and has
                set me well and truly on the learning path. I am also of the anglian
                variety, though not from your area....i have more of a cockney upbringing. I
                am interested in hearing more about your hearth, how did you go about
                locating one which you felt was appropriate for you ?

                Gautawald, mildly miffed and loki-like !!

                >From: "Jane @ GrayUk" <jane@...>
                >To: <Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] hello
                >Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:10:15 +0100
                >
                >Hi Jane from Doncaster here. thought I'd say hi as well. I'm 36, married
                >with 3 kittens (no children). Been a pagan for many a year. Finally found a
                >label that fit my spirituality aged 18. Have been part of a Hearth for two
                >and half years.
                >This list is usually rather quiet, it is nice to hear some people on the
                >list.
                >is anyone else doing the course?
                >jane

                http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
              • Jane
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 22, 2003
                  It was more of a case of the Hearth finding me. I have been a pagan for a number of years, though I had never previously been a member of a group.
                  Just over two and half years ago a guy called Cameron who lives in York contacted me about whether I would be interested in going to a moot he was hoping to get up and running. I'd left my details on a pagan contact list. In the end the moot never took off the ground, but I got involved with the Hearth that he had also started up.
                  On of the reasons I'd never gotten involved in a group before was that most were more interested in magic that the spiritual side. What attracted me to Heathenism was that there wasn't the emphasis on magic. Was I got involved and looked into the myths I felt drawn to the Gods and Goddesses of the North. I've been with the Hearth for two and half years now and am slowly learning more. The Hearth is still small, and due to the members being in different parts of Yorkshire we don't always get together as much as we'd like. One of the main things that I like about the Hearth is that I joined when it was only a few months old and most of the members are new to heathenism as well, so we are learning together. There have been a couple of false starts but I think we will continue to learn together.
                  The Hearth is Norse, which is what I have been learning about, but I do have an interest in Anglo Saxon heathenism as well. But I think for the moment it is best that I don't confuse myself. I'm not that good with names and spelling and the different Norse spelling keep me on my toes without adding AS.
                  Jane
                  Hippygoth

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 24, 2003
                    Very interesting, thanx alot for the input :)

                    Yes, heathenry is a very complex religion, mostly because of the
                    reconstructionalist nature it has. I am also only still learning and wish
                    you as much luck as i hope for myself. Keep plugging away, i'm sure we'll
                    get there in the end :)

                    http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess