New Member

  • oomjollniroo <oomjollniroo@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 9, 2003
      Greetings,

      My name is Joe, i'm studying the religion of Asatru to ger closer to
      my european ancestry (scottish,german,french). If anyone lives in the
      Hampton Roads region, please e-mail me privately, so that I can learn
      more about Asatru, and have enough information and understanding to
      hopefully convert.

      Many Thanks,
      Joe Wood
    • Stephen Glaser
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 7, 2006
        Hello,
        I am a new member. I have noticed Asatru-U for a
        few years, in my pursuit of various Paths. I found
        Reeves Hall again, after losing track of it. I hope to
        learn much here. I already see a familiar name, in the
        posts, hi, Larisa Pole. I'm checking out your
        kenaz.ca.
        I hope it turns out to be a good torch that lights the
        Way. *g*

        liberator_9

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 6 3:15 PM
          Thank you for welcoming me into your group. I currently know very little of Asatru and am hoping to learn much more through this group.

        • Angel
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 7 3:08 AM
            Alright Wanda now that I'm here, you get to educate me and help me
            navigate my way around the group, lol.
          • Spence
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 7 5:46 AM
              Heil the New members! While the site is not as quite as active as it
              once was many folk there are lurkers. If you have any questions or
              concerns just post them and you will be amazed by the number of answers
              you receive. Wishing yowl', (it's a Southern thing or thang), the best
              and I'll help you out when I can or point you to someone else who knows
              more than I do, (the list is long and distinguished).

              In Frith,
              Spence The Elder

              "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
              M. Addams
            • Lynx
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 10 9:35 AM
                Welcome to the group. Don't be afraid to ask questions. With luck they will spark more activity here.

                 Here Mousy Mousy

              • Stephen Glaser
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 12 10:14 AM
                  Yes, welcome to the group.

                  liberator_9

                  > Welcome to the group. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
                  > With luck they will spark more activity here.
                  >

                  >  Here Mousy Mousy

                • freyja_jy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 29, 2008
                    I have recently become interested in Asatru and I was hoping this
                    group could help me get started because I do not know where to begin.
                    I was also hoping I could get some more information specifically on
                    freyja. She is the reason I am here and I am hoping to find some ways
                    of worshipping her without ignoring all the other gods and goddesses
                    in the process. EX: Are there any necklaces or bracelets that I can
                    buy that support her and are there any traditional prayers for her.
                  • Scott Mohnkern
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                      Welcome to the group!

                      I've always found that amber of any type is a good piece of jewelery to wear.

                      Scott
                      http://www.modernheathen.com

                      --
                      Scott Mohnkern
                    • Tracie Holladay
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                        Greetings Freyja, welcome!

                        As far as symbols of Freyja that you could wear, a few of them include cats,
                        falcons and swine. Those are her sacred animals. Amber is good.

                        I live in Florida, and have had to do a little stretching as far as
                        symbolism goes; I've had minor UPGs that indicate she kinda likes seashells
                        too.

                        Have a great day!
                        Tracie

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                          I agree, also, it probably ought to be mounted in gold, instead of silver, because Freya is associated with gold, and in legend shedded tears of gold in her search for Her husband Odhr. If gold is out of your price range, maybe gold-fill could be a reasonable alternative.

                          liberator_9

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                            Your UPG is interesting because another Love Goddess, Aphrodite, has been depicted on a seashell in art, because of Her birth in the sea.

                            liberator_9

                            As far as symbols of Freyja that you could wear, a few of them include cats,
                            falcons and swine. Those are her sacred animals. Amber is good.

                            I live in Florida, and have had to do a little stretching as far as
                            symbolism goes; I've had minor UPGs that indicate she kinda likes seashells
                            too.

                            Have a great day!
                            Tracie

                            On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 5:28 AM, freyja_jy <freyja_jy@...> wrote:

                            > I have recently become interested in Asatru and I was hoping this
                            > group could help me get started because I do not know where to begin.
                            > I was also hoping I could get some more information specifically on
                            > freyja. She is the reason I am here and I am hoping to find some ways
                            > of worshipping her without ignoring all the other gods and goddesses
                            > in the process. EX: Are there any necklaces or bracelets that I can
                            > buy that support her and are there any traditional prayers for her.

                          • Doug Freyburger
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 2, 2008
                              "Stephen Glaser" liberator_9@... wrote:

                              agree, also, it probably ought to be mounted in gold, instead of
                              > silver, because Freya is associated with gold, and in legend
                              > shedded
                              tears of gold in her search for Her husband Odhr.

                              Amber is golden in color and tear shaped. "Tears of gold" is not
                              a bad kenning for bits of amber. It's so simple it could be used
                              as a starting lesson in how to form kennings.

                              This isn't to say that Freya dislikes gold, but to say that her
                              shedding "tears of gold" can be completely symbolic, can be a
                              kenning for the gold nuggets that can be found in streams, can
                              be an origin myth for amber.

                              While on modern UPG - Hot chocolate. Like Thor liking coffee
                              plenty of moderns feel that Freya likes hot chocolate.
                            • errollovering
                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 8, 2008
                                Get anything you like with cats. Freya loves her cats.
                                There are many sites that sell jewelry. Check out the Viking Answer
                                Lady. I'm not giving any urls just in case it breaches protocol.There
                                are blots to Freya, donate to a local cat aid place in her name. I
                                think she'd love that. It's a start until you get some sample blots.
                                Good luck,
                                in Frith,
                                Ken