Re: [Asatru-U] TRAINING (fwd)

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
      On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 09:36:58PM -0400, Manny Olds wrote:
      > On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Gareth Sola wrote:
      >
      > > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months now,
      > > with no luck.
      > >
      > > Any idea who the new person will be?
      >
      > You should probably ask on one of the official Troth mailing lists;
      > perhaps their web site lists one for stewards.

      We do, although it's for the stewards to talk with each other. A
      general purpose question like this should go to troth-contact @ thetroth.org
      (spaces inserted to foil Yahoo's protection).

      -- Lorrie
    • Gareth Sola
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
        If I remember correctly, their lists are only for Troth members.

        -Gareth

        >From: Manny Olds <oldsma@...>
        >To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] TRAINING (fwd)
        >Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:36:58 -0400 (EDT)
        >
        >On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Gareth Sola wrote:
        >
        > > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months
        >now,
        > > with no luck.
        > >
        > > Any idea who the new person will be?
        >
        >You should probably ask on one of the official Troth mailing lists;
        >perhaps their web site lists one for stewards.
        >

        >Manny Olds (oldsma@...) in Riverdale Park, Maryland USA
        >
        >"After all, isn't fastidiousness and a rigorous insistence on perfect
        >consistency, symmetry and execution of a design an opinion? Might it not
        >be its own artistic statement?" -- LAW (Leigh Witchel)

      • Gareth Sola
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
          Yes, I had already been in contact with the Troth contact in B.C., and he
          was going to try to get in touch with the Ontario guy for me, also with no
          luck. I expected he'd be easier to get hold of, since he's also the
          treasurer or something, but I guess maybe he left that post, too. I hope it
          wasn't an issue of bad blood. There are few enough of us Heathens around
          that it's hard to get in touch with anybody. The more we splinter, the
          harder it'll get.

          -Gareth

          >From: Lorrie Wood <lwood@...>
          >To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] TRAINING (fwd)
          >Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:02:15 -0700
          >
          >On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 08:50:00PM -0400, Gareth Sola wrote:
          > > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months
          >now,
          > > with no luck.
          >
          > *wince* Yes, probably.
          >
          > I do have a couple people on Vancouver Island off the coast of British
          >Columbia, and of course US stewards that are probably a lot closer to
          >you. After the one who just resigned, my list of Canadian contacts is
          >rather
          >short...
          >
          > > Any idea who the new person will be?
          >
          > Alas, no. Sorry.
          >
          >-- Lorrie

        • Gareth Sola
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
            Yeah, I've tried that address too, and got no answer (I've waited a month
            now).

            -Gareth

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
              Take this to a Troth or general discussion forum, please.

              MAO

              On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Gareth Sola wrote:

              > Yeah, I've tried that address too, and got no answer (I've waited a month
              > now).
              >
              > -Gareth
              >

              > >From: Lorrie Wood <lwood@...>
              > >To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] TRAINING (fwd)
              > >Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:03:03 -0700

              > >now,

              > > > You should probably ask on one of the official Troth mailing lists;
              > > > perhaps their web site lists one for stewards.
              > >
              > > We do, although it's for the stewards to talk with each other. A
              > >general purpose question like this should go to troth-contact @
              > >thetroth.org
              > >(spaces inserted to foil Yahoo's protection).
              > >
              > >-- Lorrie

              Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Riverdale Park, Maryland, USA

              "Talk is cheap. Let's go play."
              -- Johnny Unitas's customary pre-game speech
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 07:48:18AM -0400, Gareth Sola wrote:
                > If I remember correctly, their lists are only for Troth members.

                Not so. Of our general heathen interest lists, only our main members
                list is solely for Troth members. We have several regional and special-
                interest lists, run by our regional representatives (or stewards, as we call
                them), that don't require Troth membership.

                Asatru-U isn't the best place to talk about this, though...