Re: [Asatru-U] TRAINING (fwd)

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
      On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Gareth Sola wrote:

      > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months now,
      > with no luck.
      >
      > Any idea who the new person will be?

      You should probably ask on one of the official Troth mailing lists;
      perhaps their web site lists one for stewards.

      Manny Olds (oldsma@...) in Riverdale Park, Maryland USA

      "After all, isn't fastidiousness and a rigorous insistence on perfect
      consistency, symmetry and execution of a design an opinion? Might it not
      be its own artistic statement?" -- LAW (Leigh Witchel)
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
        On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 08:50:00PM -0400, Gareth Sola wrote:
        > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months now,
        > with no luck.

        *wince* Yes, probably.

        I do have a couple people on Vancouver Island off the coast of British
        Columbia, and of course US stewards that are probably a lot closer to
        you. After the one who just resigned, my list of Canadian contacts is rather
        short...

        > Any idea who the new person will be?

        Alas, no. Sorry.

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
          On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 09:36:58PM -0400, Manny Olds wrote:
          > On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Gareth Sola wrote:
          >
          > > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months now,
          > > with no luck.
          > >
          > > Any idea who the new person will be?
          >
          > You should probably ask on one of the official Troth mailing lists;
          > perhaps their web site lists one for stewards.

          We do, although it's for the stewards to talk with each other. A
          general purpose question like this should go to troth-contact @ thetroth.org
          (spaces inserted to foil Yahoo's protection).

          -- Lorrie
        • Gareth Sola
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
            If I remember correctly, their lists are only for Troth members.

            -Gareth

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
              Yes, I had already been in contact with the Troth contact in B.C., and he
              was going to try to get in touch with the Ontario guy for me, also with no
              luck. I expected he'd be easier to get hold of, since he's also the
              treasurer or something, but I guess maybe he left that post, too. I hope it
              wasn't an issue of bad blood. There are few enough of us Heathens around
              that it's hard to get in touch with anybody. The more we splinter, the
              harder it'll get.

              -Gareth

              >From: Lorrie Wood <lwood@...>
              >To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] TRAINING (fwd)
              >Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:02:15 -0700
              >
              >On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 08:50:00PM -0400, Gareth Sola wrote:
              > > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months
              >now,
              > > with no luck.
              >
              > *wince* Yes, probably.
              >
              > I do have a couple people on Vancouver Island off the coast of British
              >Columbia, and of course US stewards that are probably a lot closer to
              >you. After the one who just resigned, my list of Canadian contacts is
              >rather
              >short...
              >
              > > Any idea who the new person will be?
              >
              > Alas, no. Sorry.
              >
              >-- Lorrie

            • Gareth Sola
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                Yeah, I've tried that address too, and got no answer (I've waited a month
                now).

                -Gareth

                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                  Take this to a Troth or general discussion forum, please.

                  MAO

                  On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Gareth Sola wrote:

                  > Yeah, I've tried that address too, and got no answer (I've waited a month
                  > now).
                  >
                  > -Gareth
                  >

                  > >From: Lorrie Wood <lwood@...>
                  > >To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
                  > >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] TRAINING (fwd)
                  > >Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:03:03 -0700

                  > >now,

                  > > > You should probably ask on one of the official Troth mailing lists;
                  > > > perhaps their web site lists one for stewards.
                  > >
                  > > We do, although it's for the stewards to talk with each other. A
                  > >general purpose question like this should go to troth-contact @
                  > >thetroth.org
                  > >(spaces inserted to foil Yahoo's protection).
                  > >
                  > >-- Lorrie

                  Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Riverdale Park, Maryland, USA

                  "Talk is cheap. Let's go play."
                  -- Johnny Unitas's customary pre-game speech
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                    On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 07:48:18AM -0400, Gareth Sola wrote:
                    > If I remember correctly, their lists are only for Troth members.

                    Not so. Of our general heathen interest lists, only our main members
                    list is solely for Troth members. We have several regional and special-
                    interest lists, run by our regional representatives (or stewards, as we call
                    them), that don't require Troth membership.

                    Asatru-U isn't the best place to talk about this, though...