TRAINING (fwd)

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
      Can anyone answer this?

      Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Riverdale Park, Maryland, USA

      "Talk is cheap. Let's go play."
      -- Johnny Unitas's customary pre-game speech

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
        On 10/8/02 04:22 PM, "Manny Olds" <oldsma@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone answer this?

        What exactly do they want? Training for...?

        Sorin
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
          On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Sorin Olson wrote:

          > On 10/8/02 04:22 PM, "Manny Olds" <oldsma@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Can anyone answer this?
          > >

          > What exactly do they want? Training for...?

          You know as much as I do.

          Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Riverdale Park, Maryland, USA

          "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
          with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
          -- Galileo Galilei
        • Rowan Star
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
            As I had mentioned there is a beginners corse on the Asatru u web sight. I
            was hoping that I could find something a little more formal.
            Crystal

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
              On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 04:22:45PM -0400, Manny Olds wrote:
              > Can anyone answer this?

              I do know someone near Toronto in Ontario, but he just pulled out
              of the Troth Stewards' program, so I'm willing to bet he's not available.
              Sorry I can't be of more help... but, with more information, perhaps I could
              come up with something else more helpful.

              -- Lorrie
            • Sorin Olson
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002

                >> What exactly do they want? Training for...?
                >
                > You know as much as I do.

                E-mail them and ask for clarification, perhaps?

                S.
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
                  On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Sorin Olson wrote:

                  > >> What exactly do they want? Training for...?
                  > >
                  > > You know as much as I do.
                  >
                  > E-mail them and ask for clarification, perhaps?

                  Is that the sound of Sorin volunteering to follow up on this?

                  Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Riverdale Park, Maryland, USA

                  "If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely
                  challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn
                  between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world.
                  This makes it hard to plan the day." -- E. B. White
                • Sorin Olson
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
                    On 10/8/02 04:47 PM, "Manny Olds" <oldsma@...> wrote:

                    >>> You know as much as I do.
                    >>
                    >> E-mail them and ask for clarification, perhaps?
                    >

                    > Is that the sound of Sorin volunteering to follow up on this?

                    Sure, why the heck not?

                    S.
                  • Sorin Olson
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
                      On 10/8/02 04:32 PM, "Rowan Star" <rowanstar@...> wrote:

                      > As I had mentioned there is a beginners corse on the Asatru u web sight. I
                      > was hoping that I could find something a little more formal.
                      > Crystal

                      Well, what exactly are you looking to be trained FOR? Asatru isn't something
                      you're 'trained' in, it's not something that you are taught to believe. It's
                      something that is learned and felt-through as a personal faith. You can
                      learn the lore and whatnot, but it really is a personal journey.

                      S.
                    • Gareth Sola
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
                        I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months now,
                        with no luck.

                        Any idea who the new person will be?

                        -Gareth

                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 8, 2002
                          On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Gareth Sola wrote:

                          > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months now,
                          > with no luck.
                          >
                          > Any idea who the new person will be?

                          You should probably ask on one of the official Troth mailing lists;
                          perhaps their web site lists one for stewards.

                          Manny Olds (oldsma@...) in Riverdale Park, Maryland USA

                          "After all, isn't fastidiousness and a rigorous insistence on perfect
                          consistency, symmetry and execution of a design an opinion? Might it not
                          be its own artistic statement?" -- LAW (Leigh Witchel)
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                            On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 08:50:00PM -0400, Gareth Sola wrote:
                            > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months now,
                            > with no luck.

                            *wince* Yes, probably.

                            I do have a couple people on Vancouver Island off the coast of British
                            Columbia, and of course US stewards that are probably a lot closer to
                            you. After the one who just resigned, my list of Canadian contacts is rather
                            short...

                            > Any idea who the new person will be?

                            Alas, no. Sorry.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                              On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 09:36:58PM -0400, Manny Olds wrote:
                              > On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Gareth Sola wrote:
                              >
                              > > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months now,
                              > > with no luck.
                              > >
                              > > Any idea who the new person will be?
                              >
                              > You should probably ask on one of the official Troth mailing lists;
                              > perhaps their web site lists one for stewards.

                              We do, although it's for the stewards to talk with each other. A
                              general purpose question like this should go to troth-contact @ thetroth.org
                              (spaces inserted to foil Yahoo's protection).

                              -- Lorrie
                            • Gareth Sola
                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                                If I remember correctly, their lists are only for Troth members.

                                -Gareth

                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                                  Yes, I had already been in contact with the Troth contact in B.C., and he
                                  was going to try to get in touch with the Ontario guy for me, also with no
                                  luck. I expected he'd be easier to get hold of, since he's also the
                                  treasurer or something, but I guess maybe he left that post, too. I hope it
                                  wasn't an issue of bad blood. There are few enough of us Heathens around
                                  that it's hard to get in touch with anybody. The more we splinter, the
                                  harder it'll get.

                                  -Gareth

                                  >From: Lorrie Wood <lwood@...>
                                  >To: Asatru-U@yahoogroups.com
                                  >Subject: Re: [Asatru-U] TRAINING (fwd)
                                  >Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:02:15 -0700
                                  >
                                  >On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 08:50:00PM -0400, Gareth Sola wrote:
                                  > > I'll bet that's the guy I've been trying to get hold of for two months
                                  >now,
                                  > > with no luck.
                                  >
                                  > *wince* Yes, probably.
                                  >
                                  > I do have a couple people on Vancouver Island off the coast of British
                                  >Columbia, and of course US stewards that are probably a lot closer to
                                  >you. After the one who just resigned, my list of Canadian contacts is
                                  >rather
                                  >short...
                                  >
                                  > > Any idea who the new person will be?
                                  >
                                  > Alas, no. Sorry.
                                  >
                                  >-- Lorrie

                                • Gareth Sola
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                                    Yeah, I've tried that address too, and got no answer (I've waited a month
                                    now).

                                    -Gareth

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                                      Take this to a Troth or general discussion forum, please.

                                      MAO

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 9, 2002
                                        On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 07:48:18AM -0400, Gareth Sola wrote:
                                        > If I remember correctly, their lists are only for Troth members.

                                        Not so. Of our general heathen interest lists, only our main members
                                        list is solely for Troth members. We have several regional and special-
                                        interest lists, run by our regional representatives (or stewards, as we call
                                        them), that don't require Troth membership.

                                        Asatru-U isn't the best place to talk about this, though...