Re: [Asatru-U] Experience w/ gods

  • Arlie Stephens
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2002
      On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 10:35:56AM -0400, Manny Olds wrote:

      > So, it sounds as if we need to start collecting a broad assortment of case
      > studies, covering different types of heathens w/ different types of direct
      > experiences (or not) w/ gods. And then have the course editor [*] choose
      > the most useful ones.

      So does that mean I need to write something and send it to you?

      --
      Arlie

      (Arlie Stephens arlie@...)
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2002
        On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Arlie Stephens wrote:

        > On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 10:35:56AM -0400, Manny Olds wrote:
        > >
        > > So, it sounds as if we need to start collecting a broad assortment of case
        > > studies, covering different types of heathens w/ different types of direct
        > > experiences (or not) w/ gods. And then have the course editor [*] choose
        > > the most useful ones.
        >
        > So does that mean I need to write something and send it to you?

        I was trying to work around that gently. Homework for all of us.

        MAO
      • qibhom@provide.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2002
          On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:35:56 -0400 (EDT)
          Manny Olds <oldsma@...> wrote:
          > So, it sounds as if we need to start collecting a broad
          > assortment of case
          > studies, covering different types of heathens w/
          > different types of direct
          > experiences (or not) w/ gods. And then have the course
          > editor [*] choose
          > the most useful ones.

          You want them onlist, or just to you?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2002
            On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 qibhom@... wrote:

            > On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:35:56 -0400 (EDT)
            > Manny Olds <oldsma@...> wrote:
            > > So, it sounds as if we need to start collecting a broad
            > > assortment of case
            > > studies, covering different types of heathens w/
            > > different types of direct
            > > experiences (or not) w/ gods. And then have the course
            > > editor [*] choose
            > > the most useful ones.
            >
            > You want them onlist, or just to you?

            I want them privately in e-mail to the editor, and I want that editor not
            to be me. Since you asked.

            Manny
          • Arlie Stephens
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2002
              On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 12:15:51PM -0400, Manny Olds wrote:

              > > You want them onlist, or just to you?
              >
              > I want them privately in e-mail to the editor, and I want that editor not
              > to be me. Since you asked.

              *sigh* But that means we can't do anything till we get an editor.

              --
              Arlie

              (Arlie Stephens arlie@...)
            • qibhom@provide.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2002
                On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:15:51 -0400 (EDT)
                Manny Olds <oldsma@...> wrote:
                > On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 qibhom@... wrote:
                >
                > > On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:35:56 -0400 (EDT)
                > > Manny Olds <oldsma@...> wrote:
                > > > So, it sounds as if we need to start collecting a
                > broad
                > > > assortment of case
                > > > studies, covering different types of heathens w/
                > > > different types of direct
                > > > experiences (or not) w/ gods. And then have the
                > course
                > > > editor [*] choose
                > > > the most useful ones.
                > >
                > > You want them onlist, or just to you?
                >
                > I want them privately in e-mail to the editor, and I want
                > that editor not
                > to be me. Since you asked.

                Thanks. But, I didn't ask about the editor thing, for fear
                someone would thing I was volunteering. Which I am most
                definitely not.

                If you are going to pull teeth, Manny, you need to have a
                spit sink somewhere.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2002
                  On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 qibhom@... wrote:

                  > If you are going to pull teeth, Manny, you need to have a
                  > spit sink somewhere.

                  So you send them to me. Be sure to mark if you want your ID filed off of
                  any final product or if you don't care about that. Only Manny,
                  Intermediate course editors and (maybe) FWA trustees will see your
                  identified input if you request confidentiality. (I can't think of what
                  would make me show one to the trustees, but you have to allow for the
                  possiblity.)

                  Manny
                • Arlie Stephens
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2002
                    On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:15:13PM -0400, Manny Olds wrote:
                    > On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 qibhom@... wrote:
                    >
                    > > If you are going to pull teeth, Manny, you need to have a
                    > > spit sink somewhere.
                    >
                    > So you send them to me. Be sure to mark if you want your ID filed off of
                    > any final product or if you don't care about that. Only Manny,
                    > Intermediate course editors and (maybe) FWA trustees will see your
                    > identified input if you request confidentiality. (I can't think of what
                    > would make me show one to the trustees, but you have to allow for the
                    > possiblity.)

                    What do we want in these again? It occurs to me that there are far too many
                    possibilities, and "describe (some of) your experiences with (some) gods"
                    is way too broad. I think the original idea might have been to discuss
                    "patron", "dedication", "god friend" and "calling" type relationships,
                    but I think this may need to be stated.

                    --
                    Arlie

                    (Arlie Stephens arlie@...)