Asatru-U Press

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
      Groa is still working on notes for the Intermediate courses. Her plan will
      have four: Gods, Wights etc., Heathenry, and Wyrd. We will get into
      details for that when we see her ideas, but it sounds like what we had
      gotten to in discussion.

      She thinks we will need to choose texts for these courses before we start
      to detail them. And most of the relevant texts are out of print. So it
      sounds to me as if we need to get Asa-U Press going ASAP.

      Who can lead on putting the plan for this together? I can do labor on the
      plan, but I think leading calls for more specialized knowledge than I have
      now.

      And what is on our wish list to publish? Jenny Blain's booklets and some
      of Bill Bainbridge's essays, Road to Hel, The Well and the Tree, ... ?
      What else?

      Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Riverdale Park, Maryland, USA

      If you want to run, first you have to put your feet on the ground.
    • Ann Sheffield
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2002

        >And what is on our wish list to publish? Jenny Blain's booklets and some
        >of Bill Bainbridge's essays, Road to Hel, The Well and the Tree, ... ?
        >What else?

        Groenbeck's _Culture_of_the_Teutons_. Grimm. The monograph on Nehallenia (the name and author escape me; it's been a long day - Rick?). Chadwick's "Cult of Othin." Turville-Petre.

        Whatever happened to the gentleman who was going to scan Gamlinginn's _Ordhasafn_? I'm still willing to edit it once it's scanned.

        Finally, I think a truly worthy collaborative project would be to translate and publish Jan DeVries' _Altgermanische_Religiongeschichte_. It would be a major undertaking - multiple volunteers to tackle different chapters, an editor who is expert in both English and German to catch errors and smooth out the style, proofreaders to go carefully through the whole. But, I think it would be a great service to Heathenry.

        Wassail,

        Ann Groa
        Medoburg Kindred
        www.medoburg.org