Heilsa all!

  • norwynn_redwolf
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 22, 2002
      I have just begun to do a serious study of Asatru. I was directed to
      this group's web site, and it looks great but I am having trouble
      navigating through the over 1600 msgs. Could someone please direct
      me to the beginning of the beginner's course? Thanks! - KNR
    • Sorin Olson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 22, 2002
        Heilsa!

        Well, I should first introduce myself. I am Sorin Olson. Some of you may
        know me from Asatru_N_Action when it was around, and from Our_Meadhall,
        among other places.

        I am from michigan, gothi of the Riverwood Kindred, and a supporter of the
        Asatru Alliance.

        I have studied the lore, and know a fair ammount. So if I can be of any
        help, please let me know.

        As for a good place to begin, i can recommend some links and books, if
        that'll help as I am new to the hall.

        Sorin Olson

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 22, 2002
          On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 06:34:27AM -0000, norwynn_redwolf wrote:
          > I have just begun to do a serious study of Asatru. I was directed to
          > this group's web site, and it looks great but I am having trouble
          > navigating through the over 1600 msgs. Could someone please direct
          > me to the beginning of the beginner's course? Thanks! - KNR

          Actually, the group's real website is:

          http://www.asatru-u.org/

          ... and the beginners' course outline is at:

          http://www.asatru-u.org/beginner/asau-beginner-outline.htm

          -- Lorrie
        • norwynn_redwolf
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
            Lorrie,

            I tried the links you suggested and was told they did not exist. I
            also did a search on google which gave me the same web site addresses
            (http://www.asatru-u.org) and those were "bad address" too. Am I
            missing something? Did the web site move to a new address? Thanks,
            KNR

            --- In Asatru-U@y..., Lorrie Wood <lwood@s...> wrote:
            > On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 06:34:27AM -0000, norwynn_redwolf wrote:
            > > I have just begun to do a serious study of Asatru. I was
            directed to
            > > this group's web site, and it looks great but I am having trouble
            > > navigating through the over 1600 msgs. Could someone please
            direct
            > > me to the beginning of the beginner's course? Thanks! - KNR
            >
            > Actually, the group's real website is:
            >
            > http://www.asatru-u.org/
            >
            > ... and the beginners' course outline is at:
            >
            > http://www.asatru-u.org/beginner/asau-beginner-outline.htm
            >
            > -- Lorrie
          • norwynn_redwolf
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
              Lorrie,

              On a hunch, I tried the address as www.Asatru-U.org (uppercase A & U)
              and it routed me to the web site. My computer must be simple-
              minded. Or maybe it's me... LOL. Anyway, I found the materials,
              thanks bunches. I'll definitely post questions as they arise.
              Thanks again. - KNR

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
                On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 08:30:23AM -0000, norwynn_redwolf wrote:
                > Lorrie,
                >
                > On a hunch, I tried the address as www.Asatru-U.org (uppercase A & U)
                > and it routed me to the web site. My computer must be simple-
                > minded. Or maybe it's me... LOL. Anyway, I found the materials,
                > thanks bunches. I'll definitely post questions as they arise.
                > Thanks again. - KNR

                Errrr... most likely something about the network, because
                domain names (e.g. asatru-u.org) are case-insensitive!

                But you did find it, so I'm happy. 8-)

                -- Lorrie
              • jessmadsen@suscom-maine.net
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
                  FYI - I had the same problem, but just now I typed it in with uppercase "A"
                  and "U" and it worked for me as well. Interesting....

                  Farvel,
                  Úlfheiðr Njorðrdís
                  (aka Jess Madsen Bradley)
                  =================
                  -Landi MSR
                  http://ulfheidr.tripod.com
                  ICQ# 133535023
                  AIM: ulfheidr

                • qibhom@provide.net
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
                    On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:25:34 -0000
                    "norwynn_redwolf" <keebert@...> wrote:

                    > I tried the links you suggested and was told they did not
                    > exist. I
                    > also did a search on google which gave me the same web
                    > site addresses
                    > (http://www.asatru-u.org) and those were "bad address"
                    > too. Am I
                    > missing something? Did the web site move to a new
                    > address?

                    Just got to the page just fine, using the www.asatru-u.org
                    address. It is there.

                    Possibly it was down briefly. You aren't using all caps, or
                    something, are you? What exactly is the error you get? It
                    is possible that some filtering program is blocking you.