Re: [Asatru-U] I found a nit on the very clean cat, just picking

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2001
      On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 08:04:27AM -0500, Karl Donaldsson wrote:

      > And, can we swindle Lorrie into finding some key clip-art? She obviously
      > found a suitable apple.

      Keys *were* much harder to find than apples... once the standard
      clip art archives failed me, though, I realized I *really* wanted to loot
      the SCA.

      Manny, you'll find keys.zip in your home directory -- I recommend
      senechal.gif or seneschal2.gif (which is the same as seneschal only with the
      circle stripped off, the key turned monochrome, and all darkened a bit).

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2001
        On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Lorrie Wood wrote:

        > On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 08:04:27AM -0500, Karl Donaldsson wrote:
        > >
        > > And, can we swindle Lorrie into finding some key clip-art? She obviously
        > > found a suitable apple.
        >
        > Keys *were* much harder to find than apples... once the standard
        > clip art archives failed me, though, I realized I *really* wanted to loot
        > the SCA.
        >
        > Manny, you'll find keys.zip in your home directory -- I recommend
        > senechal.gif or seneschal2.gif (which is the same as seneschal only with the
        > circle stripped off, the key turned monochrome, and all darkened a bit).

        Thank you, but I'm done with it. I made enough samples to get the
        blazon; someone artisticky can do the final art part.

        My final prototype is at http://www.asatru-u.org/arms.htm; the prototype
        home page is at http://www.asatru-u.org/index-test.htm. I plan to ask some
        serious heraldic types to look it over; I'll fix any problems. Then we can
        draft a real artist.

        Then we have to figure out how to get the thing enrolled.

        --
        Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Riverdale Park, Maryland, USA

        "The Scandinavian aristocracy put two and two together and discovered
        their ability to wield political power was *much* better under
        Christianity. Heathen political models were much more decentralized."
        -- Carl Edlund Anderson
      • Kevin Steffen
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2001
          Give me a few days and I'll work up the hammer in the trunk of my car.
          My folks call it a tack hammer, though most call it a 3 pound sledge
          with a steel handle. It is very close to what the smiths use for one of
          the smaller forge hammers. It may be just what you are looking for.
          Did you want more line art or clip art or photo type detailing?

          Wassail!

          Night Winds