Re: [Asatru-U] BSA and A-U activities

  • Ann Sheffield
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21 3:12 PM
      We've had some political disagreements in A-U before. The way we've
      handled them - and the only way I can see handling them that won't end
      up with the A-U materials themselves being overly political - is to
      avoid taking on projects that anyone in the group has serious problems
      with. The cost of that is that we pass on some ideas with potential.
      The upside is that we can continue to work together and come up with
      materials that have broad support and are useful to many Heathens.

      My view is that the disagreement that we've already seen puts the BSA
      badge idea into the "too political for A-U" category, but I'm
      sympathetic to the idea that resources for young people are important.
      Perhaps A-U could work on generating such materials and making them,
      like our other materials, freely available. Then, if someone wants to
      make use of those materials in developing a BSA badge or any other
      program, they could do so.

      Whether Frigga's Web could/should sponsor a badge or similar program is
      up to Frigga's Web. FW kindly houses A-U, but a number of contributors
      to A-U don't belong to FW, and FW as a whole has a much broader focus
      than A-U.

      Wassail,

      Groa