The Ordasafn of Gamlinginn

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2001
      Groa-

      Just wondering what the status on The Ordasafn of Gamlinginn is?

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2001
        Scanning was all set up, a hard copy sent to Dan, etc. and we were shut done
        by the author wanting total control.

        My hardcopy is loose-leaf and easily scanned.

        Rick
      • Ann Sheffield
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 2001
          "Rick A. Riedlinger" wrote:

          > Groa-
          >
          > Just wondering what the status on The Ordasafn of Gamlinginn is?

          Status = languishing. This weekend, a couple of very kind friends are
          setting me up with a home computer, which I have been without for a
          couple of months. That should increase my heathen productivity
          considerably.

          If anyone wants to jump-start the process, has a good OCR scanner, and
          promises faithfully to return my hardcopy, I could send you my Ordhasafn
          and you could start scanning in the pages. My strength is editing
          rather than technology, so if someone gets the stuff computerized, I can
          then go through and fix what the OCR bollixed up.

          Wassail,

          Groa
        • Ann Sheffield
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 21, 2001
            "Rick A. Riedlinger" wrote:

            > Scanning was all set up, a hard copy sent to Dan, etc. and we were shut done
            > by the author wanting total control.
            >
            > My hardcopy is loose-leaf and easily scanned.

            Rick - if you guys can get it scanned, send the result to me in Word or
            .rtf and I'll edit it and then take it to Gamlinginn for his approval.

            His basic conditions were: that he be able to proof the final text; that
            it be reproduced in its entirety without omissions, additions, or
            changes made by anyone except the author; and that it be housed on the
            Medoburg site (presumably because he knows many of the Kindred members
            personally and is willing to be associated with us in a way he wouldn't
            be with a more general organization that he doesn't know in the same
            way).

            Wassail,

            Groa
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 29, 2001
              > > My hardcopy is loose-leaf and easily scanned.
              > >

              > Rick - if you guys can get it scanned, send the result to me in
              Word or
              > .rtf and I'll edit it and then take it to Gamlinginn for his
              approval.

              Dan-

              Are you still onlist? Did you get the copy I sent? If so, are you
              still up for this?

              Rick
            • dan or amy
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 30, 2001
                Are you still onlist? Did you get the copy I sent? If so, are you
                still up for this?

                Rick

                Yes, I'm still here and do have the copy. I can't give it quite the same amount of attention as earlier, but I'll get done what Groa requested. Since Groa is going to do the editing, it won't take too long. Well, unless the author gets flakey or something.

                Dan