Re: [Asatru-U] Re: publicity

    Message 1 of 48 , Sep 4, 2001
      >From: "Kadlin Waltheofsdottir" <kadlinw@...>

      >Lissa wrote:
      > > Rather than advertisements, I'd rather see Asatru-U gain users
      > > through word of mouth. Or, to put it in more heathen terms,
      > > through reputation rather than boasting.
      >
      >I've also been submitting Asatru-U to various search engines as I
      >have time. I figure most people start out looking for Heathen stuff
      >on the web as I did-- random searching and surfing.
      >
      >Of course, as more people link to it, that will also help people who
      >need it to find it.

      Can we put links on our home pages to it? Can I have an official picture to
      use?

      Can I have the proper base URL to use?

      Am I allowed to put the link in my .sig?

      These are all pretty common net ways of getting from A to B.

      (Be warned, I also link to Odsmal, which is accused of theosophy, so know
      the company you're running in! ;-) ))

      '/\` Frith upon your house
      //\\ Karl Donaldsson
      \\// mekboy@...
      `\/' http://i.am/mekboy
      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 5, 2001
        >From: "Kadlin Waltheofsdottir" <kadlinw@...>

        >Karl Donaldsson wrote:
        > > >fashion, i.e. "Smoke dope for Satan? Follow this link!")
        > >
        > > Bloody fucking Hel. You people have _no_ sense of humor. ;-)
        >
        >Hey, the line was inspired by a Penn & Teller video . . . The one
        >where it looks like you are playing a recording of a tele-evangelist
        >backward & the backward masking says "Smooooke dope for Satan! I
        >snort the nose, Lucifer!" Still makes me smile to think of it.

        Never saw that one! I _love_ P&T, I suppose they don't actually rent them
        out, do they?

        > > How's this:
        > > ------> Would you know more, or what? <------
        > > Get Asatru education at http://www.asatru-u.org
        >
        >I think it's wonderful! May the rest of us copy you?

        Yes, but only the words. My lack of fashion sense, as both an engineer and
        a Midwesterner, is _not_ to be copied. For your own safety.
        ;-)

        Anyway, glad you like, trying to use the whole theme that you/Groa/Manny/
        whoever came up with, and the correct translation. I left the specific
        translation info and such off because I'm a really sloppy researcher, and I
        look forward to ways in which I can leave some indelible mark as though it
        were my own idea. A veritable literary festering boil, interested in trying
        to keep his .sig as short as it possibly can be. ;-)

        '/\` Frith upon your house
        //\\ Karl Donaldsson
        \\// mekboy@...
        `\/' http://i.am/mekboy